Professor Layton 2 Could Be Getting Localized?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Professor Layton 2 Could Be Getting Localized?
Official Nintendo Magazine Preview
plp.JPG

Professor Layton was pretty popular, and it left fans wanting more. The third game has already been released in Japan, yet we haven't heard anything about even the second game coming overseas. However, the latest issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine clearly states that there is a preview inside the magazine for the second game, titled 'Professor Layton & The Demon's Box'. GoNintendo users have confirmed that the screenshots are actually from the Japanese game, but there is no confirmation on whether or not the article talks about the game getting localized.

icon11.gif
 Source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll come out in Europe at least, even my mum bought this.

Didn't get into it myself.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hadrian Uranium said:
It'll come out in Europe at least, even my mum bought this.

Didn't get into it myself.
I liked it quite a lot!!

Especially the story between puzzles and the whole artstyle!
Puzzles were OK, some were really exceptional, and some were just meh!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Loved the first one, even without taking the puzzles into account the soundtrack and the artwork had me completely.
smile.gif
It wouldn't surprise me if they do bring it over here, didn't they hint at a sequel at the end of the first one or in the instruction manual or something? (I forget exactly where).

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, it's already kinda confirmed that it'll get localized.
Check out the booklet, it says something about unlockables in the 2nd game.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want this to come out. This was actually my choice of 2008's best game, and TWEWY was my second choice. Hopefully this is a sign it's getting localized.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
i wouldnt take this as a confirmation exactly, this magazine also ran a similar article on mother 3 leading to much speculation as to it being localised for europe. which of course never happened.

that said i'd be surprised if layton 2 didn't see release outside japan, its been extremely popular internationally. they're probably just taking their time over it.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is some damn fine news if true. Seriously, these games have an infinite shelf-life, so even if 2&3 came out a year from now, they would still be good games. Heck, maybe the Layton theatrical Anime movie will come out here some day.

Layton series is truly a work of art. Both in style, and the way it forces you to use your noggin in ways games normally don't expect you to.

-GJ-

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sonicslasher said:
If all 3 have been released in japan, then why is it that they have not been dumped?

They have been dumped.

0857 - Layton_Kyouju_to_Fushigi_na_Machi_JPN_NDS-Caravan
1739 - Layton_Kyouju_to_Akuma_no_Hako_JPN_NDS-MaxG
3049 - Layton_Kyouju_to_Saigo_no_Jikan_Ryokou_JPN_NDS-Caravan

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game has been so popular it would be ridiculous for Nintendo to not release the second. Plus, as people have said, a code for the second game and allusions to it in the manual make it seem like it was planned or at least on the cards while the first was being localised.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Layton 2? Fuck yeah.

I knew there were three games in Japan already, but I was severely disappointed at how sluggish the localization was. It sold pretty well here I think, so I'd think there would be some incentive on giving us the next two installments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...