PROcfw or (L)ME2.2?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by dc740, Dec 6, 2014.

1. dc740
    OP

dc740 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2014
    Argentina
    I have a PSP 3000 9g on 6.60. I wanted to try (L)ME2.2 because the release is newer, and I found in another forum that the permanent version is not ready, but it's still in development.

I'm reading about both of them. I found the tutorials about PROcfw:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-every-psp-up-to-firmware-6-60.291169/

But I'm confused about (L)ME2.2... I didn't find any tutorial about it. The downloaded file has quite a few folders, and I honestly have no intentions to brick my PSP. How can I start it? (light mode, not permanent)

Thanks

PS: I know you can downgrade the psp 3000 9g since February, but I don't want to.

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Go for lme, it has most pro features, but less complicated to set up.

3. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Key benefits from both:

LME is faster and more updated.

PRO has an online client in beta stage.

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Only go with PRO anymore if you want shaky ad hoc to wifi multiplayer that works on some games somewhat. Other than that, LME/ME is the way to go.

5. dc740
    OP

dc740 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2014
    Argentina
    thanks guys, but how do I set it?

1)There are a few extra folders, like the inferno driver, leda, and translations. What do I do about that files? Are those files I have to put somewhere? or is it just the source code? I just ignored the extra files

2) The .rar has ME, LME, and ME (OFW Version). I need the LME, but what's the difference between ME and ME (OFW Version)? Is it different depending on the firmware I have installed? (I knnow I can't use those because I have the 3000 9g version)

3) Why do you guys say ME is easier to setup than PROcfw? I see both have the same method: placing the eboot in the memory stick and launching the install

UPDATE:
    1) I ignored the extra files. I placed the installer and the launcher in my PSP, and they just worked