Hacking Problems with wwt/wit - can't copy .iso files

jayjay960

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a backed-up copy of Wind Waker on DVD-R, which once upon a time worked on my old softmodded Wii. The disc drive in that Wii flipped it's shit so now I have a newer Wii - one of the black ones. From what I understand, they have a different DVD drive which doesn't allow you to use it for copied games. But it will (and successfully has, from my friend's external HD) run games from USB.

I made an .iso file of the WW DVD-R on my PC, and went to put it on my USB.

I'm using Ubuntu, and with gParted, I separated my USB drive into two 2GB partitions (Yes, I know it's not much). One FAT32 for general use, and another without a filesystem at that point.

Then I downloaded wwt/wit so I could format said partition as WBFS, and put the .iso on. The best way to explain this is just to show you exactly what I did: (the new partition was at /dev/sdb2)

Code:
jay@ubuntu:~$ sudo wwt FORMAT /dev/sdb2 --force
*****  wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v2.03a r3309 i386 - Dirk Clemens - 2011-12-30  *****
FORMAT BLOCK DEVICE /dev/sdb2 [2 GiB, hss=512]
** 1 file formatted.
jay@ubuntu:~$ sudo wwt ADD --source Wind_Waker.iso --part /dev/sdb2
*****  wwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v2.03a r3309 i386 - Dirk Clemens - 2011-12-30  *****
WBFSv1 #1/1 opened: /dev/sdb2
- ADD 1/1 [GZLE01] ISO:Wind_Waker.iso
!! wwt: ERROR #14 [INVALID WII PARTITION] in wd_check_part_offset() @ src/libwbfs/wiidisc.c#1925
!!      Partition 0x454c5a47 ["GZLE"]: End of PART (57057ffa) behind end of
!!      file (57057800): Wind_Waker.iso
!! wwt: ERROR #14 [INVALID WII PARTITION] in wd_load_part() @ src/libwbfs/wiidisc.c#2091
!!      Invalid BOOT.BIN (no MAIN.DOL and no FST), partition '0x454c5a47
!!      ["GZLE"]': Wind_Waker.iso
!! wwt: ERROR #14 [INVALID WII PARTITION] in exec_add() @ src/wwt.c#2117
!!      Error while adding disc [GZLE01] @/dev/sdb2
jay@ubuntu:~$ sudo wwt LIST /dev/sdb2

ID6     1/215 discs (0 GiB)
--------------------------------------------------------------
GZLE01  The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
--------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 1/215 discs, 0 MiB ~ 0 GiB used, 1922 MiB ~ 2 GiB free.

From what I can see, it formatted the partition OK, but then starts complaining that the partition is 'invalid' once I try to add the .iso, and then when I list the discs on the WBFS system, it says Wind Waker is there, but the filesystem is empty.

So, what have I done wrong?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there are no GC USB loaderes anyway
only SD ones, but they don't support wbfs afaik

btw I don't like splitting the free space by using multiple partitions on any drive.
But on a 4G stick? Do you really want wbfs that much?

jayjay960

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there are no GC USB loaderes anyway
only SD ones, but they don't support wbfs afaik

btw I don't like splitting the free space by using multiple partitions on any drive.
But on a 4G stick? Do you really want wbfs that much?
Neogamma supports gamecube backups:
Neogamma is a very stable loader that has high compatibility. Other than that, it can load games from USB and SD as well.​

The setup is easy. Just download the dol and run it with the HBC, it needs no additional files. You can also install a channel version if you have one.​

Using it is not difficult as well. To load a game, change the second line to , or . Then, the first line can be used to load a game of the DVD or WBFS partition.​

Supports:
Originals​
|​
Backups​
||​
Wii​
|​
Gamecube​
||​
Disc​
|​
SD​
|​
USB​
||​
WBFS​
|​
FAT32
|​
NTFS

All I want it for is a couple of gamecube games at most, so 2GB is fine. I need WBFS for Neogamma to work.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
my harddrive is FAT32 MW3 and Ikenie no yuro works now 100%
installing mods on mw3 right now hahahahaha (6)
and i tried that program also and its shit!
ikenie no yuro i needed a save file to get this working but a member was friendly enough to gave me his save file
and mw3 i only needed to start the game with the 224 ISO and that fixed the whole story

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I already answered in the wit support thread:
It seems that you have bad trimmed gc disc:
The partition data goes upto 0x57057ffa (1459978234), but the image ends at 0x57057800 (1459976192, , 2042 bytes to short). But it is also possible, that I have done something wrong because GS support isn't tested deeply.

My tools don't copy invalid partitions. So the resulting disc is empty. Perhaps I should change this if --force is set.
And one last note: I have implemented the --force option now to ignore some sizing errors (only in my working copy yet).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4