wit extracted files and invalid WBFS ROMs

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by deesto, Mar 23, 2014.

1. deesto
    OP

deesto Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    I have a USB disk drive that I had ~260 Wii ROM rips on, all transferred using Wii Backup Manager. The disk was originally formatted as a WBFS partition for use with WiiFlow, and it continued to work that way for a few years, so I left it that way. Yesterday the file partition went missing, and nothing I could do would bring it back. After checking the disk itself for errors, of which it had none, I ended up using wit/wwt to extract all the ROMs from the external drive to a local partition. With each extracted file, I saw two errors go by (including something like 'cant find /dev/sde', which was the external disk the ROMs were on), but then each file got extracted and transferred "successfully" to the local partition. Each file has the correct title and disc ID in its file name. I then reformatted the external drive so I could transfer the ROMs back, this time with two partitions: FAT32 first (for GC ROMs and misc stuff), and NTFS for the Wii ROMs.

When I load the local folder with the ROMs into Wii Backup Manager to transfer to the external NTFS partition, it sees all the files but throws an error trying to read every one of them: "No Valid Discs found" "Invalid Wii disc". Is there a way to verify (and/or repair) the WBFS ROM files that were extracted? Or they all just toast?

Thanks!

2. deesto
    OP

deesto Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    I used wit (the same utility I used to create the image) to try and verify the images:
    Code:
    [B]wit verify -s g:\Temp\wii\[/B]
    *****  wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v2.28a r4980 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2014-03-01  *****
    ! wit: One directory scanned, but no valid source files found.
    The directory contains all the .wbfs output files from wit:
    Code:
                265 File(s) 565,197,816,006 bytes

3. deesto
    OP

deesto Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    guess not.