Hardware Problems with Wii with Unlock Chip?

Hardy_Heron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Altf4.cl
XP
Country
Chile
Greetings, friends.
I'm writing to you because I have a problem with a second-hand Wii that I bought a few days ago.
This console could read Wii and GC backups without Homebrew channel.
I assume (because I have not opened it) that it is with a chip.
So I wanted to install the HomeBrew Channer to load bakcups through USB.
I have two others, I have unblocked them without problems with Letter Bomb, but this time I wanted to do it via web flashhax.com
Everything was fine, even when I installed the UsbLoader GX, but when I wanted to install the Netflix channel, I updated the console (I think that was the cause of the error) and everything was ruined.
I can not load games from DVD and when I tried it via USB with the loaders, I ran the error of CIOS 249.
I reinstalled it and now loads backups via UsbLoader GX but when leaving the loader via menu a semi-brick is produced and the console is in standby.
Definitely:
=======
I can not load games backups of Wii through DVD, only of Gamecube.
I threw a semi brick console when it got stuck and turned off.
Specific:
=====
What would be the cause of this error?
Can you downgrade the console?
How can I know in definite if it has chip installed, whitout open my console?
Thank you to all.

Last edited by Hardy_Heron,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
chip has no effect on hacked wii.
having a chip, or not having a chip, it's exactly the same.
if you have a problem, this is not because of the chip.

I think you don't have modchip, you had a special and old softmod (CIOSCORPS/DarkCORPS) allowing playing burned disc without modchip.
updating the console replaced all the patched files.

don't downgrade the console.
re-hack it using modmii.
before doing anything, you could check what you have now, use syscheck guide in my signature and post result here.

you can use burn disc with USBloaders too.

Last edited by Cyan,

Hardy_Heron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Altf4.cl
XP
Country
Chile
don't downgrade the console.
re-hack it using modmii.
before doing anything, you could check what you have now, use syscheck guide in my signature and post result here.

I think that could be that way. Verify with syscheck and publish the result.
What do you recommend when starting from 0?
Method? LetterBomb or another more updated.
Which options are more current to install the CIOS that I need to run my backups?

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS (The good stuff!)
Run 1. Wii Mod Batch (v3.0)
It should automatically start installing the neccesary cIOS, system menu protection and 236 (in case you need it down the road) wads you need.
Make sure it says "0 failed" at the end, and after a few seconds it will return you to The Homebrew Channel.
Continue on to Priiloader if desired (recommended).

Priiloader
optional brick protection; recommended to block disc/online updates.
Run 2. Priiloader 236 Mod
Once Priiloader launches, press + to install priiloader.
You may get an error for "loader.ini" and/or "password.txt" simply ignore these.
Restart your Wii while holding reset.
Enable desired hacks and save.
Hack Suggestions: Auto press A at health screen, Block disc updates, Block online updates, Remove NoCopy save file protection, Region free everything.

Re-installing the HBC
ONLY needed if HBC is not running under IOS58. (This should in reality only occur if you were on 4.2 prior to following this guide, but you can check what IOS the HBC is running on by hitting Home inside the HBC).
Run HackMii Installer.
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

I hope it works. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Hardy_Heron,

Hardy_Heron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Altf4.cl
XP
Country
Chile
I have reactivated a check with SystemCheck and the modified cios appear from the previous installation. I could not write about the 249 CIOS, however I could reinstall the HBCH and using one of the SD cards that contained one of my other consoles, it had the apps (USBLoader GX among others) and the truth is that everything worked for me all right. I assume that in the SD that I had installed in the console with problems, there could be some corrupt file.
Now I can load backups from the usb and when leaving the Wii menu the console is not brickea.-
In short I could not discover the problem in specific, but as a suggestion we should update the tutorials (at least those written in the forum) of the cios that should be installed and the order of them.
I know that it is not allowed to reveal the source or publish them because it is "illegal" but at least enunciate them so that those who own them can perform the unlocking of the console.
If someone gives me a hand I can contribute it.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...