Hardware Problems with wii drive

afc_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys a friend asked me to look at his wii, Soi have a GC2-DB2 drive so one of the early drives, its virgin 4.2E firmware and no mods at all,i opened the drive up and removed a sticky pad jammed in the drive lol not sure how that go there.
so now it spins up and recognises the disc but it's spinning really fast like 32X speed and the games just goes to disc error when you go to load i know a new drive is really expensive now as everyone wants to replace there D2 nothing drives,there going for £75.00 now, so is there anything i can look at doing for this drive to get it to work a drive speed sensor at all? cant really go down the usb route as i don't think the owner of wii has the knowledge to make use of this and all there games are originals any help would be much appreciated cheers guys..Rob

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afc_man said:
Ok guys a friend asked me to look at his wii, Soi have a GC2-DB2 drive so one of the early drives, its virgin 4.2E firmware and no mods at all,i opened the drive up and removed a sticky pad jammed in the drive lol not sure how that go there.
so now it spins up and recognises the disc but it's spinning really fast like 32X speed and the games just goes to disc error when you go to load i know a new drive is really expensive now as everyone wants to replace there D2 nothing drives,there going for £75.00 now, so is there anything i can look at doing for this drive to get it to work a drive speed sensor at all? cant really go down the usb route as i don't think the owner of wii has the knowledge to make use of this and all there games are originals any help would be much appreciated cheers guys..Rob

That's odd, I bought a D2B for $40 off eBay and those take backups

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my friends wii does not work with wii discs?
But he says they work with gamecube games just fine?
What could be the problem? dirty lens?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Justin121994 said:
Well my friends wii does not work with wii discs?
But he says they work with gamecube games just fine?
What could be the problem? dirty lens?
Either that or a dead drive. In the case of my wii it was the latter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30