Problems with USB Loaders

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kurir, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Kurir
    OP

Kurir Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2013
    So I bought myself a wii U today, and being a good little cracker, installed homebrew first thing.

I used smashstack and http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/ as a guide and have USBLoaderGX and Wiiflow on the sd card, as suggested by the guide.

Wiiflow boots, finds my hdd but when i try to run a game from it, it crashes and I have to power cycle my wii U.

USBLoaderGX loads, but wont find my hdd.

Anyone know why this might be happening and how I can get these to work on the vWii?

As a side note, using the savegame manager gx to transfer the save files from my wii to my wii U (traded in my wii), it finds the save games fine but tells me that "Mii data is installed but datas are missing" and when i hit the install button it kicks me back to homebrew. Anyone know why this would be?

Regards,

Kurir

2. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Try the other USB port

3. Kurir
    OP

Kurir Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2013
    I am using a Y-Cable to provide enough power for the device, so I cannot just use the other USB port

4. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Switch the two plugs

5. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    You either have to install D2X v10-alt instead of normal v10
    OR
    it has to be the top USB port on the back.

I don't think there are any other options.

6. Kurir
    OP

Kurir Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2013
    A friend just pointed out that there were ports on the back that I didnt see. I will try them after food.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    seriously you didn't know about them?!? :wtf:

8. Kurir
    OP

Kurir Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2013
    Yeah I saw the front two first and assumed that it only had 2 like the wii xD Anywho, it fixed the issue with USBLoaderGx, though wiiflow still hangs when trying to play a game.