Hacking Problems With Supercard one

Kairi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I just brought a supercard DS One SDHC. I am using a class 2 sandisc 4Gb sd card I know these are not good micro sd cards and I am going to order a Kingston (japan) but before I order the new sd card I just want to check something. Even the simple games like tetris and brain training crash mid-game in fact only about 1 out of 50 roms work ok the sandisc sd card should be working better than that right? I have formatted it using the panasonic formatter and upgraded firmware with no luck. Do you think I have a faulty supercard or could it be just down to the micro sd card?

Kairi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem with the DSTT os and I have done tried the auto-speed setting as well. Any other suggestions?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sorry, if not even DSTT can cut it, which is the fastest OS around, format your memory FAT16 with 64K cluster on DSTT menu or YSMenu. Try setting DMA on or off see if anything changes. If that doesn't solve it either then your memory is simply too slow to cope.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Searinox said:
Try the DSTT menu, it's faster than SCDS' original menu with games.

Lol Searinox, your solution to everything is to go DSTT or YSMenu isn't it lol?

Then again, I'm totally being a hypocrite for saying that. My solution to everything is to format
grog.gif

Try FAT, I think it's more stable than FAT32. Um, good luck.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
He has a slow memory, I've personally seen DSTT and YSwork wonders with slow memory so many times that I eventually stuck to them, that's all.
smile.gif
I see nothing wrong with that. For example some people believe the Panasonic formatter creates faster partitions when it doesn't. Benchmarked em myself.
wink.gif

Kairi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all your help , I took a different card I had in my camera (Kingston Taiwan) under the supercard Os still the same problems but under the dstt os was working good better than I had expected. Now I know its not my supercard but the memory card I have already ordered a Kingston Japan if it runs fine under the supercard os I will stick with it as I like the real time save feature but if not probably stay with dstt as the games were running so good for not a great memory card

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Kairi said:
Thanks for all your help , I took a different card I had in my camera (Kingston Taiwan) under the supercard Os still the same problems but under the dstt os was working good better than I had expected. Now I know its not my supercard but the memory card I have already ordered a Kingston Japan if it runs fine under the supercard os I will stick with it as I like the real time save feature but if not probably stay with dstt as the games were running so good for not a great memory card
DSTT/YS for speed-demanding games, SCOS for everything else. With a multiboot setup you can swap OSs at both startup and during the menu by running the appropriate .nds file. This also helps clear away "soft reset fatigue" where after a number of SRs games go whitescreen on launch or freeze before the movies.

Kairi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
More problems!!

I got the card working fine and was happy with it so I decided to get my friend one for her bday. It came I noticed that the chip stuck out a bit more under the sticker but that about it. I put the DSTT and supercard OS's on and some roms. I tested it on a few games on my ds (old model not lite) after a while the ds would crash when you turn it on on the health and safety screen or on the os loading screen. I tried it on my sisters lite ds and it worked fine, tested my supercard working fine on the phat ds and tried swaping the sd cards on the new supercard but no luck getting it working with the phat ds. Now the new supercard is doing the same on the ds lite anyone know any fix to this or is it a case of sending it back her birthday was yesterday lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P