Hacking Problems with restoring save files to original carts

Hadron_Eclipse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I seem to have problems with restoring saves to retail ds cartridges with certain games. Specifically, games that have a save type as Eeprom. (64kb, 0.5kb etc.) I use a CycloDS Evolution(Latest firmware 1.41), an EZ Flash 3 in 1 and Rudolph's nds backup tool for 3 in 1. I have no problems backing up ROMs and save files with all the games. I am also able to restore save files to games that are non Eeprom such as Pokemon pearl, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Star Fox Assault, etc. I believe they are flash 4mbit save types.

In either case I can restore those save files into those games and play the game with the updated save file. With the games of the Eeprom save type, it still stays the same before as if nothing happened. It feels as a one way trip as the I can back up the save file from those games but cannot put them back updated. Strangely, Final Fantasy IV DS shares the same type as eeprom saves but the files actually update. I use shunny web converter to change the cyclods saves to the raw type of the original cartridge. (ie. 64kb) I change them to exactly as the save was as the back up save. I was wondering if this is normal or if there are other applications which can restore those save file types rather than using Rudolph's back up tools or if other people are having the same problems as well. Some of the games that will not receive the updated save file include:

Wario Ware: Touched
Kirby Canvas Curse
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

p.s. Sorry if this has been asked before but I looked all over the forums and found no answer for this >_>

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, Eepinator can work on slot-1 devices for restoring save files, but when dumping save files it's hit-or-miss. The R4 doesn't re-initialize the filesystem after being reinserted, and the DS-X reboots the DS entirely, but I don't know about other slot-1 flash carts. Some may work fine with Eepinator.

SavSender is another option you can look into. I've written a guide for it that can be found on the PocketHeaven Wiki (though it's probably slightly out of date)

Hadron_Eclipse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Eepinator and it.....worked like a charm! I was able to play the original copy with the updated save. Phew, now I can back up my games as well as back up and restore the saves for all of them. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I did not think it would be this easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn