Hacking Problems with Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness on DM and DML

Dartinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I've already tried asking for help on this matter by posting in the "How to create and use DML" thread but no one could help me, then I figured that it would be best to create a separated thread for the issue.

Previews posts about the matter:

Has anyone been able to play Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokémon Colosseum using DM or DML? I've tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked, those two games simply don't work despite everything I do. When I tried playing the games using DML and couldn't, I came here and posted this:

Is anyone else besides me having problems with Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokémon Colosseum? I'm using DML v1.5 and NTSC game isos. The problem is that it just stays stuck at GCLoader screen. "Loading apploader..." and that's it, stays there forever. Which is strange, because compatibility list says both games runs just fine. Already tried to download other game isos from different places but the problem persists. Also tried to run both games without compressing them, but the problem stays the same.

Am I the only one having those problems? Can somebody please help me? I have no idea what to do.
if OTHER games work just fine, I don't know what to tell you but the "stuck on the loading apploader message" thing seems like what anyone who isn't using a compatible SD card gets (in that case, none of your GC games would work.). In that case I would say try going back to DML r59mod.

Thanks for answering. My other games are running just fine. I've already played more than 20 games and the only ones that I can't play are Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokémon Colosseum. And I've played all other games on the same SD card. Already tried to format it, too.

the only time iv seen that is when i tryed loading from usb with the sd wad or vice versa...

Yeah, but as I said above, I'm using SD card and all other games run perfectly. :S

After that, no one could help me and I just gave up. I've uninstalled DML and now I'm using DIOS MIOS 2.2 and USB hard drive to play my games. I've been able to play dozens of games without any errors, but Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokémon Colosseum still don't work. Now with DM2.2 the error I get with both games is "fatal error apploader size is zero". Yes, I know this is a known error that could be caused by a no-good .iso, the lack of a disc in the wii drive disc and other things. But that's not my case. I already have a disc in my wii drive disc, and I've already downloaded five or six different isos of those games, from different places including NTSC and PAL versions, and none of them worked. I've already tried shrunk isos, non-shrunk isos. I've tried every solution I've found on GBAtemp to this problem ("fatal error apploader size is zero"), and none of them worked. These two games are simple IMPOSSIBLE to play. And ONLY them, because I'm playing thousand of other GC games using the same methods (DM2.2 and USB hard drive) with no problem at all. Oh, and I've already tried other loaders as well (I'm currently using CFG Loader v70r45).

This is my last try. Do you guys have any idea what I can do to make these games work? I really wanted to play them.

And that's it. I'm unable to play Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness on both DM and DML. I've already tried different versions of the two, I've already tried formatting my SD card and formatting my USB drive, I've already tried different loaders and different versions of that loaders, I've tried dozens of different isos downloaded from different places, both NTSC and PAL, I've tried full-size isos, I've tried shrunk-size isos, I've tried everything that I could think of and everything that others suggest me, but NOTHING worked. And it seems that I'm the only one have these problems with those games. I'm very frustrated and honestly don't have a clue about what else I must do to make those goddamn games to work. Those are the ONLY TWO GAMES I have problems with. I've more than 30 GameCube games on my USB drive and I'm able to play all of them without any problems, except for Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Help, please.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Colosseum working on an older version of DML actually. r56 and r59 worked for me.

I think the game compatibility chart lists Colosseum as not working.

Dartinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the game compatibility chart lists Colosseum as not working.

Actually, both games are listed as working.

About older versions, I'll leave that as a last resort, because it would be a pain in the a** to keep switching versions just to play two games. I was hoping to make it work on the newer versions, but thanks for the advice anyway.

tankberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested both games with latest version of DML 2.2 and Sandisk SD 2gb card. Both worked fine for me, but I didn't play much because it doesn't work with NMM and i have no gc memory card.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've beat both of the Pokemon games on DIOS MIOS 2.2 (the USB version). Even traded my adventure Pokemon into my GBA.

Maybe it has to do something with your storage device (USB/SD). I have a USB disk that can run games perfectly fine, but for some games, it randomly shuts off.

When I played the games, I had DM 2.2 and CFGv70r36.

Fernando Reyes

NirvaNOX182
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've already tried asking for help on this matter by posting in the "How to create and use DML" thread but no one could help me, then I figured that it would be best to create a separated thread for the issue.

Previews posts about the matter:

And that's it. I'm unable to play Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness on both DM and DML. I've already tried different versions of the two, I've already tried formatting my SD card and formatting my USB drive, I've already tried different loaders and different versions of that loaders, I've tried dozens of different isos downloaded from different places, both NTSC and PAL, I've tried full-size isos, I've tried shrunk-size isos, I've tried everything that I could think of and everything that others suggest me, but NOTHING worked. And it seems that I'm the only one have these problems with those games. I'm very frustrated and honestly don't have a clue about what else I must do to make those goddamn games to work. Those are the ONLY TWO GAMES I have problems with. I've more than 30 GameCube games on my USB drive and I'm able to play all of them without any problems, except for Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Help, please.
I have the EXACT problem with Pokémon Colloseum, since I have the Original Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness, I'm only interested in Collosseum and I have tried everything to make it work, every game on my USB works fine and also on my SD every game runs perfectly except for pokémon Collosseum, glad to see that I'm not the only one having that problem.

nintendogod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is super old but i finally found the problem. its dios mios. dios mios just simply will not load it, you have to use nintendont. f you use usbloader gx you can just set that ONE GAME to run off of nintendont and everything else to run off dios mios

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, Colloseum and XD Gale of Darkness work well for me with DIOS MIOS v2.11 using a real memory card and a disc in the drive.
However, I prefer load them with Nintendont for its widescreen patch ;).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
pokemon XD (not sure about colosseum)
works (with the emulated memory card unable to format fixed using dolphin to create the save)
gives me a weird glitch, when i fully tilt up on any analogic. the character\menus start going down...
however using a usb controller, on nintendont it works fine..
but i dont know why, using the gamecube controller gives me that glitch

tried everything i could...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1