Problems with new SNES/NES emulator

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tranquil, Nov 23, 2008.

Nov 23, 2008
  1. Tranquil
    OP

Member Tranquil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I just upgraded the SNES and NES emulators that came out a few days ago to the latest versions, but I get this odd error sometimes. I will be playing a game, and this usually happens when I try to load a savestate. It will say "Unable to auto-detect save method" or something like that, and then freeze and I am forced to hold the power on my Wii until it shuts off. Usually I can load and save states fine, until a certain amount of times (which is random), and then it acts as if no SD card is inserted even though it is. Anyone else having this issue?

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    i had that issue, is your preference settings correct, a have a look..?

3. Tranquil
    OP

United States
    Yeah, my preferences are fine. For example, I will die at a part in Megaman X3 and load the state that I saved. Then I die again, and reload. After a certain amount of times it'll say "Unable to auto-detect save method" or "SD card not inserted", when I have not removed or changed any settings. This never happened to me on the last versions of both emulators. Not sure if it's me or the emus, but since it's happening on both I dunno what it is.

4. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    hmm, go back to the previous release then, i don't use the newest release, although i tested them and they worked ok with me...i know VBA new release has saving bug and that's it*

5. Tranquil
    OP

United States
    Argh, I've tried everything but this still happens and I have to keep resetting my Wii manually. I don't know why this is happening, nor if it's even happening to anyone else. Anyone here use save states quite a bit and had the same problem?

6. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    known bug, check here