Homebrew Problems with my wii that I don’t know how to fix.

Driving_duck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have 3 problems with my wii right now. 1. The disk drive is broken. Its pretty easy to fix this and even then I have usb loader gx. Now Let’s get to the juicy problems. 2. Priiloader is not working. I installed priiloader though the home brew browser and installed it. However now, I can’t boot up to it. No matter what I try. I checked if the hacks still worked and they did not, because I put the hack were you can move the disk channel and now it’s unmovable. This would not be a problem if I have bootmii as boot2. However I have it as a iOS as even though I got my wii with a GameCube ports, mine was not pre 2008. So, the only way to fix my wii if a brick happened would be priiloader to bootmii. That’s why it’s a problem. Priiloader just stoped loading for some reason and I need help getting it back. Now the main problem, 3. Some of the apps are not loading onto home brew channel. I had a bunch of apps on their but only a quarter of them show up. Strangely though, I have home brew filter installed and all the apps showed up. However I would still like home brew channel to still work. I can post pictures of this if your confused about this one. If anyone can solve the 2 and or 3 problem please tell me.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So, I have 3 problems with my wii right now. 1. The disk drive is broken. Its pretty easy to fix this and even then I have usb loader gx. Now Let’s get to the juicy problems. 2. Priiloader is not working. I installed priiloader though the home brew browser and installed it. However now, I can’t boot up to it. No matter what I try. I checked if the hacks still worked and they did not, because I put the hack were you can move the disk channel and now it’s unmovable. This would not be a problem if I have bootmii as boot2. However I have it as a iOS as even though I got my wii with a GameCube ports, mine was not pre 2008. So, the only way to fix my wii if a brick happened would be priiloader to bootmii. That’s why it’s a problem. Priiloader just stoped loading for some reason and I need help getting it back. Now the main problem, 3. Some of the apps are not loading onto home brew channel. I had a bunch of apps on their but only a quarter of them show up. Strangely though, I have home brew filter installed and all the apps showed up. However I would still like home brew channel to still work. I can post pictures of this if your confused about this one. If anyone can solve the 2 and or 3 problem please tell me.

Hello.:)

Can you get into the Priiloader Menu ?
Do you have an SD Card in your Wii ? Is there a "bootmii" or "~bootmii" Folder on it ?

In Priiloader you can try the "Check For Update" Option to get the latest Release.
Please check on the SD Card (if you have some in your Wii) in the Folder "apps\priiloader" for the File "hacks_hash.ini".

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Driving_duck

Driving_duck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here is the video.

when you watch the video, look at the tv and don’t listen to the audio.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well I could try to put hacks into the priiloader folder. I put them outside the apps folder. I can access bootmii, but it’s iOS so it can’t not save the wii without priiloader. And I can’t access priiloader at all.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well here is the video.

when you watch the video, look at the tv and don’t listen to the audio.

Well I could try to put hacks into the priiloader folder. I put them outside the apps folder. I can access bootmii, but it’s iOS so it can’t not save the wii without priiloader. And I can’t access priiloader at all.

For Accessing the Priiloader you have to eject the SD CARD before.
Then please PRESS and HOLD the RESET Button on the Wii and power it on.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Please try:

- Look on the SD Cards "apps" Folder for "priiloader".
- Download the Priiloader 0.8.2 and the "hacks_hash.ini" File from here please:
https://wiidatabase.de/downloads/hacks/priiloader/
- copy only the "apps" Folder from the extracted File to the SD Card (overwrite if asked)
- on the Homebrew Channel please start the Priiloader
- if the Installation fails or did not start then maybe your IOS36 is not/no longer patched.You maybe need then the
Simple IOS Patcher for patching it again.

Driving_duck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh but we have a problem. The home brew menu won’t show priiloader on it. And alll my other apps are not there either. So, we need to solve a problem about this.

That’s the 3 problem about the home brew channel not showing all of my apps. Only showing a quarter of them.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh but we have a problem. The home brew menu won’t show priiloader on it. And alll my other apps are not there either. So, we need to solve a problem about this.

That’s the 3 problem about the home brew channel not showing all of my apps. Only showing a quarter of them.

Is your SD Card detected on your PC and do you have access on it ?
On the Homebrew Channel please press "1" on your Wii Motion Controller and check if the Device is set to "Internal SD Slot" please.
Maybe the Wii did not read/detect your SD Card ?

Driving_duck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh. It’s only reads some apps. Not all of them are read into the wii. Only some like a quarter of them are reading to the wii. My pc can detect the sd card fine. The video has the apps on the home brew channel. As you can see in the home brew problems number 1 video, only some of them are showing up. When i go to home brew filter, it detects all of them however is not able to read some of the apps because it’s different from HBC

So, did it and nothing.

Still only a few apps on there.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Uhh. It’s only reads some apps. Not all of them are read into the wii. Only some like a quarter of them are reading to the wii. My pc can detect the sd card fine. The video has the apps on the home brew channel. As you can see in the home brew problems number 1 video, only some of them are showing up. When i go to home brew filter, it detects all of them however is not able to read some of the apps because it’s different from HBC

So, did it and nothing.

Still only a few apps on there.

Can you please make a Screenshot from the Root of your SD Card/the Folder Structure in Windows please and would you be so kind and post it please ? To see whats on it.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Alright. Here’s the link of my root SD card.

Hello.:)

I have a simple Question please :

Can you please follow simple Instructions ? :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/problems-with-my-wii-that-i-dont-know-how-to-fix.560434/#post-8981697

Please try:

- Look on the SD Cards "apps" Folder for "priiloader".
- Download the Priiloader 0.8.2 and the "hacks_hash.ini" File from here please:
https://wiidatabase.de/downloads/hacks/priiloader/
- copy only the "apps" Folder from the extracted File to the SD Card (overwrite if asked)
- on the Homebrew Channel please start the Priiloader

Did you make it so ?
Unfortunately I can not see a Folder "priiloader" in your "apps" Folder there....:(

Ohne gzgzgzgTitel-1.jpg

We will try to help you,so please try to help us.:)
Please try it and be so nice and give us Feedback please.

Thank you for your Assistance.:)

Driving_duck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2020-3-21_12-32-54.jpeg

Here. The hacks are in the priiloader folder. There just copied.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
View attachment 200393

Here. The hacks are in the priiloader folder. There just copied.

Sorry,I have lost completely the overview over your SD Cards Content.....
I really do not wonder,that the Applicaitons are no longer booting....

Please try the folllowing Suggestion:

Please use an other,clean and empty,with FAT32 formatted SD Card (2-32 GB) and copy the "priiloader" Folder over in the "apps" Folder on the Root and try it.
If this is also not working then you maybe have an broken SD Card Slot on your Wii.:(

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Driving_duck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, but if my sd card slot Is broken, then does that mean I have to replace it manually?

could this work?
81a9kOrgUNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.