Gaming problems with memory pit

sinclairuser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new here though not new to hacking, but i am new to dsi hacking, i always steered clear of hacking the ds and used them stock but my gba died and i read about the memory pit exploit.
as i only want to play 2 or 3 gba roms i thought it would be easy, but its been hell i have read all tuts i can find watched videos etc used different sd cards, different bios files and it just wont work.
gbrunner works, i get the gameboy splash screen then nadda, the roms are super mario bros, invaders ex and f zero.
i have backed up the nand, though i am not going to flash cfw, i thought this softmod allowed you to play gb roms through twilight and gb runner, if not and a more invasive mod is needed then i will buy a gb micro to play them on.
i dont want to brick this mint dsi xl, not for 3 gba roms lol, so if it a setting i'm missing or something like that i would like to know.

thanks sinclairuser

sinclairuser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
had another go today, fresh sd card different gba bios file and a different game rom.
still no go i'm not even getting the gba splash screen this time, and i thought the RGH was difficult!,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello:)

had another go today, fresh sd card different gba bios file and a different game rom.
still no go i'm not even getting the gba splash screen this time, and i thought the RGH was difficult!,

Modding/putting a CFW on the DSi has nothing to flash.
All is on the SD Card,the DSi stays "clear".
You no longer need to install Unlaunch/HiyaCFW (optional if you like).
Just make the Memory Pit Exploit,make a NAND Backup and install TWiLight Menu on the SD Card.

https://dsi.cfw.guide/

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

sinclairuser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello:)

Modding/putting a CFW on the DSi has nothing to flash.
All is on the SD Card,the DSi stays "clear".
You no longer need to install Unlaunch/HiyaCFW (optional if you like).
Just make the Memory Pit Exploit,make a NAND Backup and install TWiLight Menu on the SD Card.

Good Luck
Thank you.:)
thanks, after playing around again tonight i have made progress, i have got super mario bros deluxe gbc, tetris worlds, and space invaders ex running, but both tetri and invaders would only run once i removed the intro with gbata.exe.
the game boy colour game just ran as is, none of my other roms will work, i put lolsnes on the card which loads but selecting roms and pressing a they fail to boot.
so its a start.

Reactions: Alexander1970

sinclairuser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i thought i would come back and report, i have it working all the the roms i have tried have worked, except snes roms and megadrive roms, dont know why neither lolsnes or the one built in to twilight menu will work, same with the gen/megadrive emu.
but the games i want to play have game gear or master system versions, same as the snes games either nes or gba versions exist of those roms so its cool.
i dont want to mess with it anymore now as its working great, but i thought it would be good to come back and report my success.
thanks,
aly (sinclairuser).

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX