Problems with installing CEN64+QT

Zelkia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, i found out about Cen64 a while back, and wanted to try it, but had no idea how to use it with Powershell- i run Windows 10- so i kinda just gave up on it for the time being. I found out about Cen64QT, a frontend for the emulator, which has, for the most part, worked well, but the game i'm trying to run won't work, due to a problem with my pifdata.bin file supposedly expecting a ( on line one, but i'm not quite sure what it means like that. Do i need to find a different pifdata.bin file for it to work or is it a problem with the frontend or Cen64 itself?

Zelkia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait a moment, it's asking for a PIF IPL file. Is that the same thing or have i just screwed up?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Could be the emulator, it's still experimental and hasn't been optimized to run very many commercial games yet.

It could be the BIOS, too (which is the pifdata.bin), you could try downloading another one. But note we can't link you to any here as that would constitute sharing copyrighted content, but you should be able to find it no problem yourself.

Zelkia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, running it through Powershell doesn't work either- it's probably an issue with the BIOS. I have no idea where to find another copy though, and i've used the one from the MAME pack and a completely different copy. I'll keep looking, hope it works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I downloaded a pack of SEVERAL n64 bios' but the ones i tried didn't work. Most of them had the same error but one or two were completely different. I'd say it's just the emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-