1. Metello

OP Metello Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello. I have just purchased an Ez-Flash Jr. So far all my Pokémon ROMs work perfectly but Metal Gear, Alone in the dark and Resident Evil are not even displayed. Can it be due to the size of the ROMS?

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Can't be that it supports the max in Rom size 8MB

3. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
    please check the file's attributes, uncheck readonly.

4. Metello

OP Metello Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    how i do the check?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  5. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
    depends what computer os you are using.

windows: right click, properties
    macos: command + i

6. soulfunkdjx

soulfunkdjx Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    Please Help!!! I bought the EZ-Flash Junior and i am playing Wario Land but i can't save my game. Every time i reset my Game Boy i start all over from the beggining of the game! How does this card saves my progress in games?

7. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I have tried all three games you mentioned and they do work fine. When you say they "are not displayed", do you mean they don't show up in the file browser or that they freeze at a black or white screen before loading? Make sure you are using verified dumps listed in the no-intro database and the you unzip your roms. The EZ-Flash Jr can't read zipped files.

The game itself saves progress after each level. Take the SD card, put it into your computer and check the SAVER folder. It should contain the savegame for Wario land. If its 0kb in size, delete the file and try again. While you're at it, make sure your sd card is formated with a cluster size of 32kb as per the manual - reformat it if necessary (backing up your files to pc first).
    Then, play the game and finish the first level. Reset to the menu by pressing the button in the cartridge, the Gameboy will reboot to the menu and create a save file for the game. Do not interrupt it! It can take a while for the initial save file to be created, I have had to wait up to a minute.

EZ-Flash2 likes this.
  8. Metello

OP Metello Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I solved it, just change the ROMS extension from .gbc to .gb

9. soulfunkdjx

soulfunkdjx Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    Thanks for the advices. I didn't know that i i ve to create a "SAVER" folder. My card came with no manual. I saw some videos and i noticed it and tried it myself. i did what you adviced me and now is working fine. But it seems to be struggle with all the library-romset even that i have them separated 50 roms rer folder. Both game boy & game boy color roms are about 1300. With about 100 roms is working better with no problems.

10. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

Tuvalu
    interesting that this was an issue, thanks

11. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    The renaming probably just solved a different issue, all three titles work perfectly fine for me with the .gbc extension
    You shouldn't have had to create the folder yourself, usually the card would have created it the first time it needed to on its own. However, it seems that your issue might simply have been related to the number of files on your card.
    You can find the instructions on their site: http://www.ezflash.cn/download/

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    soulfunkdjx and cearp like this.
  12. Laevatein

Laevatein Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    So, usualy I would scour the internet to see if a solution is already out, but the cart released so recently I don't seem to... find an answer.

My systems keep rebooting. I'm trying the cart on a GB pocket, and a GB Boy Colour. Having it running on the clone system is sort of secondary, but what I'm really gunning for is using it on the pocket. However, the system keeps rebooting whenever it launches on either system. The farthest I got it was on the OSINIT... step. I'm kind of panicking right now because I'm sure it's not the SD card's fault. I thought could try an older firmware/kernel version and see what happens, but I'm ony finding links to the latest.

This is what my SD root looks like
    upload_2020-1-29_19-35-19.png

I have videos showing the two systems just looping, but te forums aren't letting me to either upload or link to them...

13. Mochipo

Mochipo Member
    Newcomer

France
    You should leave only the ezgb.dat file and your 'roms' folder on your card. The rest is not necessary.
    Try it and let us know if it changes anything. If not, update your cardridge with the latest update.

14. Laevatein

Laevatein Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Exact same behavior.

I can't update my cartidgre - It's not even booting the launcher!

Let's see if I can link the video like this

streamable com yw5jh

15. Mochipo

Mochipo Member
    Newcomer

France
    if you can't run the Update_FW3.gb file, there's a really big problem. Let's wait for the official answer, but you certainly have a faulty cartridge.

16. soulfunkdjx

soulfunkdjx Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    Yeah i agree that the problem might be the huge number of files. I am playing all day today with 100 roms on it and is working flawlessly, so a lot of files can't be handled right.

17. Laevatein

Laevatein Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I tried the cartidgre without an SD card. It gets stuck in Initialize, which should be a good thing.

I'm formatting the sd card right now with the official sd too.

Anybody has a copy of the older firmware/kernel files? I wanna try these too.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Problems, Flash,