Problems with EZ-Flash 3in1 and using NOR mode with AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jakob95, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Jakob95
    OP

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    I have some problems with AKAIO with EZ Flash 3in1. I could save and play every game just fine using PSram. But when I flash a game to NOR it either doesn't work or its glitchy/messed up. Like Pokemon Firered when I put it into NOR after when it says Gameboy advance its just stuck with a white screen making this noise. For Mario Tennis it makes it impossible for you play tennis because you will always shoot fouls and in story mode the people sometimes disappear and stuff. Both games work fine on PSram but not on NOR. I tried both of those games on YSmenu and it worked fine when patched to NOR using a R4. Also tried GBA Exploder with Acekard to put the game into NOR and it worked fine. It only doesn't work good when I put it into NOR in AKAIO. And I really want to put it in AKAIO since all my saves have that extra header and stuff that AKAIO makes and its faster to just use it on AKAIO then to run GBA Exploder.

Also do not want to use GBA Exploder because it freezes sometimes when patching a game to NOR it gets stuck on 6% I have to reboot and do it again then it doesn't get stuck.

2. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Smiths wont touch the gba code so the chances of something gba related getting fixed are small.

I DID have some issues with PSRAM on AKAIO but never with NOR. Sounds to me like there's something wrong with your 3in1. On another topic you said you had a 3in1+. You might want to fix that, they're two different carts.

Just tried 3 random ROMs. It's working fine on both 1.4.1 and the latest 1.5 beta. The problem is likely on your end.

About the GBAexploader freezing, try replacing akaio's dldi file with the original acekard one, just in case.

3. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    if youre using a 3in1+ (what im using), then you need to use the latest release of GBAexploader to flash games to NOR when using AKAIO.
    This is EZFlashes bad for not releasing a proper source code for 3in1+, not acekards.

There arent many gba games that are over 32mb (Mother3. Heretic,..) , so its not that often that i need to flash to NOR

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    try some of the nor testing/formatting tools... where??? linked in the damn akaio wiki!

-another world

5. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    No I have the regular EZ Flash 3in1. Not plus. I don't think its my NOR thats bad. Because it works with GBA Exploder.

I couldn't find it in the AKAIO wiki can you link me it?

6. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Search again. I've just looked at it and I know it's there.

7. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    Nope can't find it. Whats the programs name? Or were is it in the AKAIO which section.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    check the "links" section.

-another world

9. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    @Another World I deleted the NOR 71 blocks of it. And then I flashed Mario Tennis into NOR still had those glitches. Also flashed Pokemon Firered into NOR doesn't even work.

10. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    BUMP still didn't fix my problem sorry for the BUMP.