Hacking Problems with DS Firelink

oxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sigh... I tried playing games on it and the sound does not work. I tried using legit games and it works fine. So I remembered that there was a firmware that gave people this bug so I assumed it was that. I tried upgrading to the newest N-Card firmware and when I put the xmenu.dat in it say I need udisk145. Mine is version 138. What should I do.

oxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yes I put one file inside the ds. then I turned it on went to the menu and ran it. some red letters poped up and it told me to put the xmenu.dat inside the cart. I put the dat in and when iry to go to the menu it tells me I need udisk 145

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I can remember, yes. I haven't updated my little brothers N-Card in months. I'm upgrading it tomorrow though when hes awake(Its 2-15AM in Australia right now)

oxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To solve my problem I followed these instructions:

follow these steps EXACTLY

1. Create a folder called update onto your C: Drive on your harddrive
(open my computer, click Drive C)

2. Download the these 2 files and put them into the update folder created

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=469
(N Card 1.23o update)

http://www.dsgba.com/down/nand_stable_16.zip
(N Card beta 16)

3. Plug in the N Card writer into slot 2 and into an empty usb slot on your PC

4 Switch on your NDS holding Buttons L,R,A,B and DOWN to do a format, RESTART YOUR NDS AFTERWARDS

5. Switch on your NDS again Holding Buttons L,R,A,B and UP to put the card into flash mode. (USB SAFE BLOCK)

6 Goto the update folder were you put the downloaded files and extract the NCARD 123o update (unc_123o_english.rar) .

You should now have 2 folders UDISK and DSYSTEM,Go into the UDISK folder, with the NDS in flash mode and connected to your pc via the usb writer, click on the NAND_256k_ENG.bat file, after it has completed RESTART YOUR NDS AGAIN.

7. Switch on the NDS with buttons L,R,A,B and Down again to do another format, once it has completed windows will regonize a mass storage device, copy the DSYSTEM folder from the update folder created earlier .

once restarted your nds and card should be working as normal,

Once you have done this upgrade to the newest Mk5 Firmware and you will be okay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-