Hacking Problems with bypassing Luma on old 2ds

ultrapeepii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Recently I've picked up my old 2ds that was previously hacked but I've been having issues using CFW Luma.

To start off, when I used to run the hacks, I had an older version of Luma (maybe 8.0 or older) and my console was set to autoboot into EmuNAND. I also had an older version of godmode9, A9LH, and my system was v9.2. One day I started up the 2ds and the screen was black, but the blue power light was on. It's been a while since I installed the hacks and I forgot to boot luma by holding START so I freaked out and updated the console to v11.9 on safety mode. I was able to boot into sysNAND after updating but I couldn't get the hacks to work. I did some research and found that my older hacks won't run on v11.9 so I formatted my sd card (64gb, FAT 32) and followed the tutorial A9LH to B9S on 3ds.hacks.guide.

I got to section II but couldn't boot into SafeB9SInstaller. My 2DS keeps booting to Luma 9.1 via BS9. Everytime I turn on my 2ds it boots straight to luma 9.1 and when I press START I get "Error writing the configuration file" and the system shuts off. I can't even boot into sysNAND or Godmode anymore. I have no clue what to try next. Sorry if this post is long, but I just wanted to know if it's possible to bypass Luma. I attached a pic of my sd files and I can post pics of old files backed up before formatting if needed. Thanks

Attachments

• 2ds sd card.png
    2ds sd card.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 117

ultrapeepii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the arm9loaderhax.bin but its still booting to Luma and getting the writing configuration file error. Do I have all the right files?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got to section II but couldn't boot into SafeB9SInstaller. My 2DS keeps booting to Luma 9.1 via BS9.
You must have used the SafeB9SInstaller at some point. Else it would not say
"Booted from SD via B9S"
at the bottom of the lower screen in the Luma settings.
My 2DS keeps booting to Luma 9.1 via BS9. Everytime I turn on my 2ds it boots straight to luma 9.1 and when I press START I get "Error writing the configuration file" and the system shuts off.
The error message means exactly what it says. Check if the SD is write protected (not only if the switch on the card; check if you can actually still write to the SD with a computer because an SD can internally turn to read only mode if it is failing).

Next easy test:
Prepare another SD, freshly formatted FAT32, with only boot.firm (Luma 9.1) on it and nothing else, to find out if you can successfully write the configuration.

ultrapeepii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it worked. I was using a micro sd so I kept using the same old micro sd adapter but once I changed the adapter the 2ds was able to boot into sysnand with just the boot.firm. The old sd adapter wasn't write protected but it definitely was failing. Should I add the other files again?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep, it worked. I was using a micro sd so I kept using the same old micro sd adapter but once I changed the adapter the 2ds was able to boot into sysnand with just the boot.firm.
Good! Only the micro-SD adapter... Could have had a worse reason.
The old sd adapter wasn't write protected but it definitely was failing.
Such an (passive) adapter does not have anything that can fail in an electronic sense. Contact issues and the "write lock" slider not staying in place - that's all.
micro-SD_adapter.jpg
(Do not try to open a working adapter. It will most likely break.)
Should I add the other files again?
Yes, that's the next logical step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol