Hacking Problems On M3 DS Real

grape_garden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyo, so I just got my M3 DS Real in the mail this afternoon, and I'm already having trouble using two homebrew applications. Firstly, Rudolph's NDS Slot 2 Backup Tool. For all games, when I insert the cartridge into the slot one port, a message appears that says something along the lines of "reading list," and fails to load anything up. I have let it sit for about five minutes with that message, and I have yet to see it actually recognize a device.

The second problem is with another Rudolph tool. The GBA Backup Tool, when started, shuts down my DS immediately. My guess is that I'm not putting the files in their proper designated location, which makes things screwy. If there was an English readme somewhere...

Anyways, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, NDS backup tool of for slot-2 carts only
since the M3 GBA exp pak is just a exp pak, you cannot use that to backup NDS games
same with all exp pak's (EZ 3-in-1 and eWin exp pak) you need an independent slot-2 device which uses a microSD card or SD ect... and doesnt need a slot-1 flashcart to use

next use GBA backup tool v0.1 if you use a M3 real
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3066
v0.2 blocks booting on M3 carts
there is just a save fix with v0.2 no big changes, so you are not missing anything
I used v0.1 before and works fine

grape_garden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton, that's very helpful.

EDIT: Wait, doesn't v0.2 also add EEPROM compatibilty? Or was it SRAM? I forget...

grape_garden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
ok, NDS backup tool of for slot-2 carts only
since the M3 GBA exp pak is just a exp pak, you cannot use that to backup NDS games
same with all exp pak's (EZ 3-in-1 and eWin exp pak) you need an independent slot-2 device which uses a microSD card or SD ect... and doesnt need a slot-1 flashcart to use

next use GBA backup tool v0.1 if you use a M3 real
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3066
v0.2 blocks booting on M3 carts
there is just a save fix with v0.2 no big changes, so you are not missing anything
I used v0.1 before and works fine

I should also mention that for the NDS Backup Tool, I'm using an M3 SD, which is a GBA flashcart. I'm not using the expansion pack. Wait. Do I load the NDS Backup Tool from the GBA flashcart?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes thats what you have to do, boot the m3 sd up and boot it from there
boot your M3 SD (you can do it from the m3 real boot menu to boot slot-2, I think its the 4th option on the main menu)

grape_garden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okey-doke, thanks a lot.

Now this begs the the question, are there any GBA backup utilities that do support EEPROM? I know Eepinator only supports SRAM, and I'm pretty sure cart_save doesn't have EEPROM compatibility.

QUOTE said:
yes thats what you have to do, boot the m3 sd up and boot it from there
boot your M3 SD (you can do it from the m3 real boot menu to boot slot-2, I think its the 4th option on the main menu)

I'm confused. Boot a .nds file from a GBA flash cart?

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd have to boot the m3 sd in DS mode (I think it's possible, chishm might have found a way), possibly dldi patch the file if it doesn't work right off the bat, and then run it for ds dumping. My experiences with my m3 perfect cf have been that I need to run the slot2 backup tool from the m3cf, not my slot1 card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021