Hacking Problems loading backups and settings not saving...

MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I hope you can help me out:
I modded my sister's Wii using XFlak's program; everything went smoothly until it said something about "cannot write on SD" I created the folders it tried to create and it worked like a charm.

I could backup and load some games with CFG (Wii Play Motion, Hasbro Family Game Night and Family Ski, for that matter) but some of them (Kirby Epic Yarn) can't load up. I figured I should mess up with the options, but nothing I did in CFG seemed to work. Another bad thing with CFG is that settings don't save; everytime I turn off the wii all the settings and covers I changed are erased. And I dunno if it matters but at first I couldn't download covers because the folders didn't exist so I had to create them in the PC(I thought the Wii made them automatically?). Both use base 249, latest d2x version.

I tried WiiFlow for the Kirby Epic Yarn problem (and overall better functionality because I use WiiFlow on my Wii and I haven't had any problems) but the settings I change are reverted to default everytime I close the window. Also, I can't download covers. It says "0/1 downloaded".

Anyone knows what to do? I tried a lot of things already... hopefully I'm missing something pretty basic and it can be fixed easily. Thanks a lot!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Check to make sure your SD card isn't locked.
SDCARD-lock-location.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT use Wiiflow. Life is short, and we don't have time for that crap.

Also, what version of CFG are you using? Have you looked up online any settings you need to have for Epic Yarn?

And yeah, make sure the write lock switch is UP.

MigueelDnd

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot! It turns out the SD card was locked... my sister apparently did it. Oh well, now it saves settings and all of that(:

But Kirby Epic Yarn isn't loading... I got the DVD and backed up it again and it still hangs at the screen after you create a new game. I've looked up and apparently it was a somewhat common problem that was solved upgrading the USB loader, but I've got the latest version (70).

Anything I can do? Thanks again, guys!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MigueelDnd said:
Thanks a lot! It turns out the SD card was locked... my sister apparently did it. Oh well, now it saves settings and all of that(:

But Kirby Epic Yarn isn't loading... I got the DVD and backed up it again and it still hangs at the screen after you create a new game. I've looked up and apparently it was a somewhat common problem that was solved upgrading the USB loader, but I've got the latest version (70).

Anything I can do? Thanks again, guys!

Nope not a common problem at all. You probably have a bad dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@