Hacking Problems installing Sega Rally Revo to hdd on a RGH 360

ChloeIsFab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been busy transferring my games to my rgh 360 so I don't need to swap discs frequently. I seem to have problems with Sega Rally Revo though, I expect it is an issue of file length. The file in question is both ridiculously long and nested a few folders deep. ~/Main_Release/tracks/alpine1alp_track_route1_game_objects_gfx_discard_data.sbf . I gives an error when trying to create it. I assume it is a path length issue though 64-ish characters seems very low especially modern file systems allow paths in the region of tens of thousands. I therefore reduced the directories above it to the minimum with no success. I have tried transferring it through ftp and from usb. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a solution or know the exact cause? Many thanks

Last edited by ChloeIsFab,

ChloeIsFab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Convert the game to a GOD installation with ISO2GOD.
That ought to do the trick.
Forgive me still very new to xbox360 so still learning. I have been using xbox image browser to extract the files, is this different to what iso2god does? Is there advantages to one over the other if they are different?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ISO2GOD should be used in the rare cases that games contain files with illegal characters or long filenames.
Extracting isos to just get the game files is better for the fact that it allows for easy game modding.

I meself prefer folder rips, have been doing that since the old xbox days but there's no major advantage other then that fact that you won't have to deal with illegal characters or long file names.

ChloeIsFab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks :) I will try it with iso2god and see if I get any difference. If not it might be just one of those games I have to reach for the disc hehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared