Country
United States
I did. The error was the following

Failed to install over the network.
Result code: 0xC960454B
Level: Status(25)
Summary: Internal(11)
Module: FS(17)
Desc: Bus error/ TWL partition invalid(331)

Well it says twl partition invalid, not sure what it means but that where the problem is, I guess fbi installer has a twl browser but i wouldn't know what to do with it or dare touch it, maybe ask experienced person or steveice10 (if i got it right) what to do. Or try installing cia from sd card rather than from network. You might have to even reinstall the fbi installer. But don't take my word for it.

verygeneric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it says twl partition invalid, not sure what it means but that where the problem is, I guess fbi installer has a twl browser but i wouldn't know what to do with it or dare touch it, maybe ask experienced person or steveice10 (if i got it right) what to do. Or try installing cia from sd card rather than from network. You might have to even reinstall the fbi installer. But don't take my word for it.
Thanks, I will try to get in touch with him.

verygeneric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can find, it may be best for me to just update my system firmware if I cannot solve this problem within the following day.

D

Deleted User

I did. The error was the following

Failed to install over the network.
Result code: 0xC960454B
Level: Status(25)
Summary: Internal(11)
Module: FS(17)
Desc: Bus error/ TWL partition invalid(331)
There's an internal communication error with your SD card. Check that it's not bad and that your 3DS can read it fine.

verygeneric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an internal communication error with your SD card. Check that it's not bad and that your 3DS can read it fine.
I get this error with 4 different SD cards. Could it be that my SD card slot is damaged? I can always install the FBI v2 cia, but I've only had problems with game CIAs.

D

Deleted User

I get this error with 4 different SD cards. Could it be that my SD card slot is damaged? I can always install the FBI v2 cia, but I've only had problems with game CIAs.
It might be TWL partition related after all, then. Not sure.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
This just sounds like a generic hardware error to me. It could very well be the SD slot as I don't really know how the TWL partition could have anything to do with installing CIAs to the SD but I think it's safe to say that this is too weird an error to warrant any specific troubleshooting outside of the general steps.

verygeneric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question but are you using different SD cards altogether or different micro SDs in a SD adapter?
One 4GB SD card that came with the 3DS, and 3 other microSD cards that I've tried in 2 separate adapters.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another dumb question, have you tried uninstalling freeshop, reinstalling it, etc?
Yes. I've noticed that I have quite a few tickets in FBIv2, if that can help.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the error said twlpartition, then talk to someone with experience in that area ot something. Either way if the problem started occurring recently, maybe use a nand dump of the cfw backup to a early time.

verygeneric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the error said twlpartition, then talk to someone with experience in that area ot something. Either way if the problem started occurring recently, maybe use a nand dump of the cfw backup to a early time.
I've already tried reverting to a previous NAND. The problem still occurred.

D

Deleted-394630

Open Data Management in System Settings, if prompted to fix anything, press yes, then go to the DSiWare section, and do the same, might have corrupted SD card management info. Sorry for noticing so late.

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so, does this still an outstanding problem? I got this error message also with a9lhax+luma. thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1