JerryMLilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. hope this is in right place.

I am in a game in CFG USB Loader. I want to go back to the CFG USB Loader menu with all my games and not reset the Wii everytime.

What is the code for that and where exactly do I put it? Or can I?

And, I am having an issue with downloading covers. Was working great. All of the sudden, it will try to go find a missing cover and it says it is starting to download and then, freezes. Ends up being a Wii reset.

Can anyone help with that?

Thank you!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For the first question...you can't and you can at the same time.

Here's the thing: a wii doesn't have much memory. As such, once the game is running, pretty much nothing else runs but itself (and the used (c)IOS). So...I'm sorry, but there is no way to return to the CFG loader. You can only return to the wii menu (which is basically resetting the wii).

The "you can" means that you can replace the wii menu itself. This isn't as hard or even dangerous as it may sound like, but it's still what it is. The program is called priiloader. Once installed, it starts itself when you start (or reset) your wii, after which it immediately switches to what you want it to switch to (the normal wii menu is the obvious default option).
As such, you can set your wii so that whenever you press home, it'll load priiloader which instantly loads CFG.

For the cover issue...I don't know. That's a question you may want to ask in the backup loader section (CFG is one of the threads stickied there). :)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there is a return to channel feature in configurable usb-loader, wiiflow, joyflow and probably also usb-loader gx. What this does is it patches the wii home menu, so that when you're in a game and select "Wii Menu" it actually starts the channel you chose instead of the wii menu.

So basically all you need to do is set your usb-loader "return to" settings to load a usb-loader forwarder channel, then everytime you start a game from the usb-loader and select "Wii Menu" from the wii home menu it will take you back to your usb-loader instead of the main wii menu.

To do this, you must have a forwarder channel installed and you have to know it's title ID. You probably already have one installed from when you used ModMii (it should look like a spinning hard drive). If so, the title ID for this channel is "IDCL". If you don't have a forwarder channel installed, install one (u can use ModMii's channel or if you find one you like somewhere else that's fine too, just make sure to use the correct title ID in the following steps).

then in configurable usb-loader's config.txt file (IIRC typically found in the USB:\usb-loader\ folder) add the following line:
Code:
return_to_channel=IDCL
Note you can also use the configurator for configurable usb loader (saved in the same folder) to help you further modify your config files if you want to customize your cfg usbloader further.

And that's it, now when you launch games from configurable, you can select the "Wii Menu" from the in-game wii home menu and it will take you back to configurable usb-loader.

setting up the return-to-channel feature is even easier in joyflow and wiiflow, you can actually do it on your Wii and it will let you pick from a list of your installed title-IDs\channels.

About your cover issue, I had a similar problem once and it turned out it was because of a lack of free space on the sd card. Also make sure if you have a lock switch on the sd card that it is unlocked (otherwise it wont be able to write to the card).

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
yes the return to channel is your only option here

i find it odd that cfg only has return to channel when gx can return to gx

JerryMLilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the return code working! Thank you!

And, I figured out the cover deal. Just do it myself. AHAHA.

Now, figure out why the cheats aren't working on Mario Kart Wii Online. I load cheats.. system boots up(sometimes... sometimes it crashes(game)). log onto 1 player wfc. Set to regional game. yada yada waiting for race to end.. race ends and we all choose map.. then when it tries to load up the game.. crash.. every single time... Ideas anyone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv