gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was wondering how do you do this. I tried a few different ways with the Genesis Plus, SNES9X GX, and FCE Ultra GX. I burned the roms as a data disc for each one by just dropping all the roms in there without a folder. Didnt work. THen I tried using the format of how you would when you put the roms on a SD card. Didnt work. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am using the Roxio program and using Verbatim DVD-R discs. If anyone has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
stop spreading lies! .. sure you can! ..

I only had problems running NES roms from DVD (FCEUltraGX) ... and everyone just ignored my topic about that

but running SNES, MD and SMS roms was/is no problem, and with the new FCE Ultra GX 2.0.7 loading from DVD works too

gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have dvdx installed already. How do u format the files on the dvd. Do you need folders or just throw thr roms on the root of the disc

gamer220

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do have an SD card and have run games on there. But I would like to be able to put all the games i have on just one DVD so i dont need to keep on swapping out the sd card.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to create an ISO with Imgburn and burn that to disc. in my experience if you just drag and drop files onto the disc in Windows (especially Vista) it uses a weird format. Or use Nero or some other program to create a "Data Disc."

(PS: Avoid double-posting.)

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
2nded what was said above by theotherfreakyguy...

I created a directory structure for mine.
Ie a folder for each eumlator:
Sega Gen
NES
Super NES
Turbo Grafx 16

Then just used ImgBurn's "Write files/folders to disc" option and burned the DVD.
I tested it out and it worked just fine.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
You don't need ImgBurn and you don't need to make folders for each system (but folders make it easier to find the rom you are looking for
wink.gif
)

I've just used Nero to burn a DVD-RW again with different roms of each console (including zip/rar's and a lot of unpacked roms for each system)

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you need to install DivX to the Wii in order to play the Roms from a DVD? Also, I have tons of ROMS for my PC emulator. Will those roms work on the Wii emulator as well, or are there specific one for the Wii?

Wiindel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Genesis / Mega Drive Emulator works great with the my burned Roms DVD.

But SNES9x Emulator don't work with the burned SNES Roms on DVD.
I changed it to "Load from DVD" and SNES9x finds the Roms but when I try to start the Roms I always get an Error.
When I put the Roms from the DVD to the SD-Card, all Games works.

The other problem is, when I started the games I tried to use the cheats for SNES9x.
I renamed the cheats because the SNES9x Forum says so, so that the cheats works.
But the cheats don't work.
Any solution for this
What i have to do that the cheat codes work?

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you must have dvdx installed to run your roms from sd, but dvdx won't work under systemmenu 3.4. so if you are at 3.4 you have to downgrade your wii to run the roms from the dvd

Wiindel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hallo Davedeluxe

DVDX is installed and I got 3.2 E on my Wii.
The Mega Drive Emulator works with the DVDX but like i sad the SNES9x won't do.
Sometimes it works and then the same game will not start hours later.

Gruss / Greetings
Wiindel (GER)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE