Hacking Problems Hacking Wii - Need help ASAP

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to hack my friends Wii. Friend's sister updated the Wii to 4.2 and I'm trying to downgrade them down to 3.2 then install Backup Loader and USB Loader material. I followed this tutorial up to step 3. When I started the HBC, it froze every time. I didn't know what to do, so I decided to delete it and try to reinstall the Homebrew Channel to see if that worked. I deleted it, got bannerbomb and hackmii, and tried to install it. But when bannerbomb loads up, after the "Want to load boot.elf", it hangs on a black screen. Tried doing other stuff but bannerbomb still hangs after the dialog box comes up and I click yes. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
Well that's odd. Did you follow all the directions precisely? I would reccomend formatting your SD card and trying again.
I did follow them down to the letter. But I can't format the SD card cause I still don't have homebrew channel installed.

QUOTE(Burton @ Jun 24 2010, 10:01 PM) Why didn't you stay in 4.2?
Because my friend's sister updated so they lost all the stuff they installed to play backups from USB and through DVD.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried other versions of bannerbomb?

I had this happen to me once on my cousins Wii. The Main version of bannerbomb would freeze when i got the pop up. There are a few other versions of bannerbomb on the download site. It says if one doesn't work try another. So i tried the next one in the list and it worked.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
Have you tried other versions of bannerbomb?

I had this happen to me once on my cousins Wii. The Main version of bannerbomb would freeze when i got the pop up. There are a few other versions of bannerbomb on the download site. It says if one doesn't work try another. So i tried the next one in the list and it worked.
It doesn't freeze when the pop-up comes up. It freezes or hangs after it loads the homebrew. the dialog box comes up, I click yes, it says its loading but after that nothing. I tried other versions of bannerbomb and it freezes on startup.

QUOTE(Zeek03 @ Jun 24 2010, 10:12 PM) Go on your computer, back up all the files on your sd card, then format it to FAT. Place all the files back on your sd card and then try again.
Tried that, still no luck
frown.gif

It shouldn't be a problem if it is a .elf would it?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does the wii have cioscorp installed on it (perhaps during the initial 4.2 upgrade)? Also its an SD card not an SDHC right? Also no harm trying boot.dol rather than boot.elf

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you are truly back at 3.2 (not sure from the link you provided exactly where you are as there is no mention of a step 3!) you could always use the twilight hack.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well does it load to the system menu firstly - plus you have not said whether you are actually back at 3.2 or still at 4.2?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I asked before - what about cioscorp was it installled? Also given that there are 3 different variants of BannerBomb have you tried each one (variants 6a, 6b and 69)?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
I asked before - what about cioscorp was it installled? Also given that there are 3 different variants of BannerBomb have you tried each one (variants 6a, 6b and 69)?
No, its not installed. They have NeoGamma Backup Loader installed. Also, I have tried the other versions of Bannerbomb. The other ones freeze up on startup.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ok so all 3 variants tried. Have you tried changing the extension to boot.dol from boot.elf yet for all 3 variants? What else is on the card apart from the Bannerbomb stuff? The only other thing to try would be an entirely different sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, the tv stick has a built in emulator with some weird config im not gonna...