Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, for the past little while I've been trying to connect my Wii remote (RVL-CNT-01-TR (the one with the built-in Wii Motion Plus)) to my laptop via Bluetooth. Main reason I want to do this is because I want to use the Nunchuck as a one-handed VR controller for streaming games to my Google Cardboard. Anyway, I've connected the wiimote to my laptop and the lights keep flashing, which means it's connected, but I can't get it to be recognized by GlovePIE (doesn't respond to input). Any possible way of making this work? None of the other forum posts anywhere on the internet have been very helpful. I even tried installing a Wiimote HID program but that didn't do much other than make the lights on the wiimote flash continuously as mentioned before.

Last edited by dj505,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, getting my Wii remote to connect to my PC was an absolute pain in the ass. I ended up just getting a DolphinBar (by Mayflash), which solved all my problems for $14. I recommend you do the same

Also I believe I know which HID program you're talking about, you should probably go back to the restore point from before you installed it because it broke my windows installation after a while

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, getting my Wii remote to connect to my PC was an absolute pain in the ass. I ended up just getting a DolphinBar (by Mayflash), which solved all my problems for $14. I recommend you do the same

Also I believe I know which HID program you're talking about, you should probably go back to the restore point from before you installed it because it broke my windows installation after a while
Any way I could just uninstall the driver without rolling back? I have some pretty important recent stuff.
Thanks for the help though! Although I found this little $10 controller on GearBest (probably won't order it, but it would be neat)
I think I'll just mod the nunchuck with a USB cable.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way I could just uninstall the driver without rolling back? I have some pretty important recent stuff.
Thanks for the help though! Although I found this little $10 controller on GearBest (probably won't order it, but it would be neat)
I think I'll just mod the nunchuck with a USB cable.
Is it the one that requires booting into safe mode to install it?? If it's not you're probably fine, otherwise if I were you I would put all the stuff that would get caught in the roll back onto an external drive and go through with it, just to be on the safe side

Edit: That is, unless you can just uninstall it from the program management window. I never had the chance to try that, it may work for you

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got an ASUS USB-BT400 bluetooth adapter and I was having the same issue when I found THIS nifty driver and JoyToKey/Xpadder. It works "flawlessly" with my Windows 7 PC and I do not regret it. The only issue is that Dolphin still wouldn't budge and constantly said "Wiimote 1 (my real wiimote) Disconnected." I never got a rumble when refreshing because when I was using it with my Wii U, I always turned it off. This IS a RVL-003 (Original Wiimote), not a RVL-043 (Wiimote Plus).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place. +1