Hacking Homebrew Problem with wii u external HDD

mazz0ni_exe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my wii u. I had transferred all files including games and saves (apart from chbc and other things) to an external hard drive. Then I connected to the wii u from the computer through a hombrew program called wii u ftp server and I had transferred all the files in storage_usb to the computer, then I removed the hard drive and formatted it for use with another computer. Now I decided to reuse it with the wii u and once connected and formatted for the wii u I reconnected the console with the computer and tried to transfer all the files but it keeps crashing (it's about 90GB). So I tried to transfer only the saves but once transferred if I access the game it does not find the saves and the game starts over. Now I would like to ask you if you have a solution to this damage since I had saves of years of games inside and also a lot of games. These aren't much of a problem because I can also re-download them (only one was bought), but rather the problem is the saves I wouldn't want to lose. Hope you can help me, thank you very much

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) The FTP homebrews are buggy. Transfairing more than 90 GB is a sure way to trigger bugs.

2) As @DarkVoidPeru said use tools designed for save transfairs: The files need to have the correct permissions. You surely didn't make a list of the permission settings of every single file, so restoring permissions is out of question.

//EDIT: But use this SaveMii version instead, it's actively maintained and cares a lot about such permission things: https://github.com/Xpl0itU/savemii

//EDIT²: @Xpl0itU Is it able to restore permissions even when the saves have been dumped via FTP?

mazz0ni_exe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I'm trying to restore all of my saves but savemii doesn't recognise them.
Example (breath of the wild):
UNTITLED/wiiu/backups/00050000101c9500/0/80000001/"all of the saves from 0 to 5"
Is everything right?
SaveMii says that there are no backup
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 11.34.44.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.