Problem with volume button - in nintendo switch Oled when installing hwfly v4

frangato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Good morning, I am new to the forum, or almost new, I have been registered for some time, but I had never transmitted a problem. I have already installed quite a few hwfly v4 on Oled, but this one has given me an unknown problem, when I turn it on, everything works correctly, atmosphere starts up fine, but the volume button - has stopped working. I don't know where to look or what component is causing the problem. I have tried to remove the chip and in ofw it gives me the same error. Would someone know what the error could be due to, what component can I look at and how to try to solve the problem, with that problem when starting up it doesn't give me the option to enter hekate and so I can't do the emunand. Thank you very much for your answers and greetings to all.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I haven't disassembled an OLED model but if it were a V1 / V2 I would check the ribbon cable for the volume buttons are not damaged. It is suspicious that the error occurs without the chip installed so my guess would be maybe you have grazed the ribbon cable with the soldering iron.

If you don't have another cable on hand to compare it to you can try adjusting the volume in OFW using the quick menu (hold the home button on the joycon) and see if the issue occurs when you adjust the volume via software. Since you can't enter Hekate I think the issue is with the button hardware not the speaker hardware.

frangato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I haven't disassembled an OLED model but if it were a V1 / V2 I would check the ribbon cable for the volume buttons are not damaged. It is suspicious that the error occurs without the chip installed so my guess would be maybe you have grazed the ribbon cable with the soldering iron.

If you don't have another cable on hand to compare it to you can try adjusting the volume in OFW using the quick menu (hold the home button on the joycon) and see if the issue occurs when you adjust the volume via software. Since you can't enter Hekate I think the issue is with the button hardware not the speaker hardware.
Thank you, I have tried another flat cable, and the problem persists, it makes me indicate that it may be some resistor or capacitor blown when starting up for the first time with the hwfly, since the power button and the volume + button are working perfectly, but the volume-no, which is the one used to enter hekate to do the emunand. Let's see if it can be solved in some way, trying to find out what is causing the problem. Thank you.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Thank you, I have tried another flat cable, and the problem persists, it makes me indicate that it may be some resistor or capacitor blown when starting up for the first time with the hwfly, since the power button and the volume + button are working perfectly, but the volume-no, which is the one used to enter hekate to do the emunand. Let's see if it can be solved in some way, trying to find out what is causing the problem. Thank you.
Are you able to dump boot0 through Hekate? You should be able to boot in to NYX if you disable autoboot in the config ini files. Maybe you have one of those screwed up V3 chips that comes with the wrong payload. Using them on OLED models can damage the hardware in strange ways. You can check by comparing boot0.

frangato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

CompSciOrBust

I usually buy them on Aliexpress in this store, recommended by Sthetix, but I put the firmware r 0.30 because 0.62 gives boot problems over time. But only this one has failed me, could it be that the chip is defective? The pauload checker gives me this warning, I think it is not good, I will try another firmware to see.
2-FF00420-13-F6-4-DAB-9756-63630-BA98411.jpg

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CompSciOrBust

I usually buy them on Aliexpress in this store, recommended by Sthetix, but I put the firmware r 0.30 because 0.62 gives boot problems over time. But only this one has failed me, could it be that the chip is defective? The pauload checker gives me this warning, I think it is not good, I will try another firmware to see.
View attachment 309197
That only means the firmware is unknown to the checker, the checker does not know all firmware available. It can be taken to mean that the firmware you have is NOT spacecraft 0.10. For an OLED this in is important and what you want. The modchip likely has nothing to do with the problem other than it necessitates fiddling with the volume and power ribbon. Another member also had an issue with the volume buttons but no firm resolution. The troubleshooting would be the same though.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-swit...-down-when-i-press-volume.611215/post-9807589

Reactions: Takokeshi

frangato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That only means the firmware is unknown to the checker, the checker does not know all firmware available. It can be taken to mean that the firmware you have is NOT spacecraft 0.10. For an OLED this in is important and what you want. The modchip likely has nothing to do with the problem other than it necessitates fiddling with the volume and power ribbon. Another member also had an issue with the volume buttons but no firm resolution. The troubleshooting would be the same though.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-swit...-down-when-i-press-volume.611215/post-9807589
I have seen the other thread, but it is not about the ignition flex, I have tried another one that is perfect and makes the same error. The volume button still doesn't work. In the other console I have tried the felx that is failing me and all the buttons work perfectly, I am inclined that the chip is either defective or the motherboard has broken some component close to the connector. But it's hard for me to locate it. At the moment I will leave it like this while I don't need it, if I can solve it or someone knows how to solve it, I will put the solution. Thank you very much to all.

Takayamaz87

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Do u able find solve solution about vol - not working? I got exact same problem like you..remove cable and boot to original firmware still give same problem

frangato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do u able find solve solution about vol - not working? I got exact same problem like you..remove cable and boot to original firmware still give same problem
One of the pins is making bad contact when it was inserted, it must have been twisted and that caused it to break down, what I did was change the motherboard connector for a new one and it worked fine again. Greetings.

Lil_SpazJoekp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the pins is making bad contact when it was inserted, it must have been twisted and that caused it to break down, what I did was change the motherboard connector for a new one and it worked fine again. Greetings.
Do you have a part number for that motherboard connector? I popped the latch off of mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1