Problem with the Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Smilez12345, Jan 12, 2011.

Jan 12, 2011

Problem with the Acekard by Smilez12345 at 1:33 AM (722 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Smilez12345
    OP

Newcomer Smilez12345 Newbie

United States
    I just a new Acekard 2i from Lightake and my DSi would detect it. I flashed it using my friend's DS Lite using ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds to update it, not knowing that was for flashing multiple cards. When it was done, I accidentally pressed Start to start another update instead of powering off. It was at 0% when I turned off the DS and now my DSi and my friend's DS Lite won't read the card. It just says there's nothing in the game slot. I tried the paper trick but that didn't work so I was wondering if there's any way to fix that.

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    You've partially written the new firmware information and then canceled it as it was writing, bricking your card (essentially it's 'as useful as a brick').

Do you have a spare flash card?
    If so, using the DS Lite re-run the DSL update on the spare card then swap your AK2i when it asks and let it finish.

3. Smilez12345
    OP

Newcomer Smilez12345 Newbie

United States
    No I don't have an extra one but thanks for the reply.

4. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Allow me to elaborate.

What you've done is quit the update in the process of writing the files to the flashcart.

The cart can't make any sense of the half-copied flash files and has bricked itself, as twistidsinz said, as useful as a brick.

The DSL firmware update will act as an unbricker. I suggest you buy a $3 1:1 R4 off lightake here and place the DSL update file on the mSD then place it in there. It will ask you to replace the current cart for an Acekard and then press B, do so, it will unbrick your cart and viola!