Problem with some games on 0.3 gamma

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by aleigor, Dec 4, 2008.

1. aleigor
    OP

aleigor Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    United States
    Hello.

I have a Nintendo Wii NTSC ver. 3.2U using the Twilight Hack and the Backup Loader 0.3 gamma.

I have burned several gammes from a friend's copy DVD and many of them have major bug, by that I mean that I can't play the game.

So first I just want to tell the game that doesn't work at all:

-Rockstar Table Tennis Pal Version, tryed with Force NTSC
    -Need For Speed Pro Street; same thing as the last one
    -NHL 2K9: idem
    -And some others that I don't remember but they are all NTSC and tried them all Force NTSC.

But theres one game that crash during the play:

Super Paper Mario.

I have a NTSC version, I have beaten the first boss(the dragon thing) and when I get the Pure Heart, crash.

I have already research on google, check the compatibility list, and I didn't find any solution, so I'm asking your help plz.

I just want to tell that I use DVD+R, don't know if it does something, but I'm telling.

PS: Sorry for the bad english, it is not my native language.

2. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    DVD+R is your problem

Its not a problem for all people , but for MOST DVD-R only works

Try a game on a good quality DVD-R disc and see what happens - also , please search the forums before you make a new thread - this has been answered 100 times

3. aleigor
    OP

aleigor Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    United States
    Sorry For the new threads.

So the solution might be the -R, so before I spend money + time reburning all my games, if I take the iso from my +R, will it work, or I should use fresh iso?

4. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    Pc's can read both discs easily - Wii's are more sensative - theres loads of threads about this - just look around - theres one active at the moment for the best discs to use.

5. aleigor
    OP

aleigor Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    United States
    I know about the DVD, I only want to know if I take the iso from the DVD+R and Burn it on a DVD-R it will work as the same if I download an iso on the internet and then burn it.

6. kytran

kytran GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2008
    Canada
    ill agree with djtaz,
    ive tried both and -R seems to work sooo much better.
    also do it with PAL force to NTSC . i find work good as well, +R seem to get fussy

im married and don't need any extra fussy in the house [​IMG]

7. aleigor
    OP

aleigor Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2007
    United States
    Ok, so for now I will only burn the games that doesn't work on DVD-R, because It's only like 10 games or so that doesn't work.

Don't want to rebuy a 100 DVD packs for only 10 games [​IMG]

8. MrSlut

MrSlut Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2009
    United States
    I have the same problem. It crashes at the second paper heart. using verbatim -r. I believe it's an issue with the cIOS. I'm gonna try a patcher on the iso, and reburn it to see what happens. I had the same issue with no more heroes, and I patched it to use IOS249, worked great. (I thought it wasn't supposed to matter)

So I either had a bad burn, or the patch worked.

I also have 3.2u and gamma, so I'll let you know how it works.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I necro'd a month and a half old thread. I'm sure you've found a fix by now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice