Problem with Sky3DS and DKC Returns

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by themachine23, Dec 2, 2014.

1. themachine23
    OP

themachine23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2014
    Brazil
    Juiz de Fora
    Hey guys!

Someone here with Sky3DS got problems with US version of Donkey Kong Country Returns? I tried 3 different roms, two different micro SD cards but I didn't have success. The game icon shows up, but when I touch, a message says: "cannot read game card".

2. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    First thing to do is email them directly with your issue.............The board does not have support for sky3ds, just a sub-forum.

3. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Get a refund.

4. Paulo José Vicentin

Paulo José Vicentin Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    Brazil
    I am having the same problem, not just with Donkey Kong, but with Resident Evil too, I don´t think that is a problem in the flashcard because a tested in another one and I get the same error. Does anyone get some news about it?

5. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    looks like SKY3DS maybe struggling to run larger 3ds games as both DK & RE are above 2GB.

SLiV3R likes this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    What firmware version is your 3DS on? People have reported that Sky3DS continues to function on 9.3, but that's no guarantee that all ROMs have continued to be compatible.

If you did recently update your firmware, can you confirm that the DKC ROM was working on Sky3DS previous to your update?

7. Paulo José Vicentin

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    Brazil
    Guys, I´m trying with diferent template files and diferent Diskwrite versions and Donkey Kong is finaly working. I´m not done with Resident Evil yet, but I´m trying...

8. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    I have the same issue with DK Country...

Which template did you use to resolve the problem?

9. Paulo José Vicentin

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    Brazil
    First DiskWrite, first template file

10. da1e85

da1e85 GBAtemp Regular

Blacklisted Trader
    Dec 11, 2014
    What does the template file do and what do you do with it my sky3ds card is coming Monday but I'm gonna start prepping my sd card with games now any help would be appreciated