Problem with saving

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Azurius, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    I'm playing fire emblem awakening, and I managed to get to chapter 5. So yesterday I saved the game and turned off the 3ds (I have the r4i Gold deluxe 3ds), and today when I'm starting the game, my save is only starting from chapter 2. Have anyone of you had the same problem?

2. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    Hi after you save the game you need to press home > close and wait til it goes back to main menu before turning it off. Sometimes it works without doing this but I always do the home > close thing just to be sure and haven't had a missed save yet. (apart from zelda which is another story!)

3. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    Oh thanks :) Just have to do the same thing all over again

4. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    Hope you didn't waste too much time :huh:

5. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    Also with all this February 4th business, I noticed that 3ds Link now advise before setting up the exploit that you system format and set the time and date to default.
    I have now done this with my 3ds's as a precaution, maybe something to consider doing as well?

But if you do format, backup your save files which are on the big sd!!

6. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    Do you have the gateway 3ds or the r4i?

7. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    I have gateway, 3ds link and r4i.
    I don't use the gateway at the moment because the other 2 are interchangable.
    I have a 3ds xl and so does my son.

(I originally got 2 gateways but sold one and got the other 2 for the same price)

8. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    I'm not very into the whole thing, but does the 4th february thing affect people with the r4i gold, or does it brick the ones with gateway 3d?

9. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    I don't know!! I find it very confusing as there's so many threads and different opinions.
    My 2 3ds's are set up for 3ds link/r4i and I did the format and date thing - it did no harm to me because they are fairly new and they weren't really personalised to either of us so we didn't lose anything except for a mii and I thought better safe than sorry

10. Azurius
    OP

Azurius Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2014
    Thanks for the help :) So basically, I just have to change the date and time (to what?) and then it's somehow safer? Haha I sound like an idiot

11. bigfatlisa

bigfatlisa Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    I think so, you're not an idiot, and I'm not an expert :)

There's so much going on sometimes I wish I hadn't got involved the games have come down a lot in price now can get new lego game today for £19.99....

I changed mine to 01/01/2000

12. CIH137

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    I have heard the best thing to do to avoid save issues is to play the game for as little as possible, then save and press home close. Then restart the game without turning off the 3DS. If the save went through you should be good until you hard reset it, but I would still home close every hour or two just to be sure.