KLAM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi doodz.

i was playing rune factory on my R4 with kernel 1.11 (eng.ver.) and i've made some progress, but just a few minutes ago when coming out of my house, i decided to hang a left and go across a bridge. When i do that both screens go black, but the music keeps playing and i wait and wait and nothing happens. If i try to soft reset... the DS freezes completely.

has this happend to anyone else?? if so, has anyone found a solution yet?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm....what microSD are you using? Could be a slow microSD card. Could be a connection problem between the microSD and the R4, or the R4 and your DS. Could be that when you updated the R4's firmware loader, you didn't delete the old _DS_MENU.SYS file, that can cause funky problems. Could be a slightly corrupt ROM, which could also be a microSD problem, as well as a bad download.

Any of those could be the culprit.

Is the issue repeatable? Does it happen every time or only occasionally?

KLAM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
uhh, yeah it happens every time... the game loads fine, and i've been playing it, but when i try to go to that one specific area i get the black screen problem i mentioned.

if it were a problem between the connection between the micro SD to the R4 or from the R4 to the DS then nothing would load...

if it were a bad download i couldnt even have unzipped/unrarred the file...

if it was a bad dump.... a repack would have been issued by now and there hasnt been one...

my micro SD card is a Kingston.. i've heard that kingston micro SDs are slow but their speed problem produces errors that occur every so often,(castlevania for example) but not constantly.

im gonna try erasing the system file and reinstall the firmware and see where that gets me, i'll let u know what happens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanx for the help... i redid the firmware thingy and its working just fine now, i also tried using the game untrimmed so one of the 2 fixed it. but i'll place my bet on reinstalling the firmware, cuz no other trimmed game has EVER given me a problem.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually kingston micro sd's are one of the better micro sd cards out on the market. The Taiwan versions are about mediocre but the Japanese Cards are among the best in terms of speed. I've also been playing rune factory a bit and haven't had any problems with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...