Problem with PS3 File Corruption

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SG854, Mar 13, 2018.

1. SG854
    OP

SG854 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2017
    Taiwan
    Hello

So every time time I go into recovery mode and click Restore File System it always says that my data is corrupted ands need to be formatted. The problem is once I click it my HDD becomes corrupt, and I can't access my ps3, and I'm left no choice but to format erasing everything.

Why does it do this? It never did this when I had a 320 GB HDD, I was able to Restore File System just fine, but with my new 1.5TB HDD it corrupts when I click Restore File System. Sometimes my PS3 freezes and the power button does nothing so the only way is to unplug the system. But when I do this and turn my system back on the message comes up that my data may be corrupted need to check file system, but I end up clicking no don't check because I'm afraid it'll force a reformat, and I don't want to reinstall all my games all over again.

Is this bad that I click no? And is there a way to check the file system with it corrupting every time. This happened to me 3 times already.

Last edited by SG854, Mar 13, 2018
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    It may just be incomatible, remember the official maximum is 1 TB, and that not all modern disks are stable when used on a SATA 1 system even though in theory SATA is backwards compatible (the same is true with crappier modern external drives on USB 1)