Hacking Problem with 'Powersaves'

Frozenpanda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey you guys. :)
I already asked a few people here but now I need to open a threat for my problem because it's still not solved.

I bought a Powersaves-device from Amazon a week ago and I thought it works fine but it won't detect some games like Mario Kart 7, Harvest Moon - Tale of Two Towns and Nintendogs + Cats. I tried the licking-method, didn't worked. I used another cable, didn't worked too. After 2 days of trying to fix it I contacted the support on various emails but I get no response until now. I bought another one just to check if the device is broken but the second one had the same Error-message: "We have codes/saves for this game but this specific cartridge is not supported yet, please contact support." - Well, I sent back both devices and ordered 2 new ones. Same message, same problem. I read something about the gameversion of Mario Kart 7 but I always had the 1.1 preinstalled. I even asked the seller if the license is really for EU and not for JP or US because in the XML file the Region sometimes changed to EU and sometimes to JP. I really don't know what to do. I hope that someone can help me. :3

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Based on my own and other users reports it would seem that are indeed different cart versions of games. You could always try making a backup of the saves that don't work (with your power saves device) and email them to datel with an explanation of your problem in hopes that they might add support in the near future.

Edit: after thinking about it for a few minutes, that may not work if datel are using a modified 3ds to create the codes. They may need a physical copy of the different cart (or a dump of said ROM version) in order to create the codes. This is just speculation though as I'm not sure how datel makes their codes

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Based on my own and other users reports it would seem that are indeed different cart versions of games. You could always try making a backup of the saves that don't work (with your power saves device) and email them to datel with an explanation of your problem in hopes that they might add support in the near future.

Edit: after thinking about it for a few minutes, that may not work if datel are using a modified 3ds to create the codes. They may need a physical copy of the different cart (or a dump of said ROM version) in order to create the codes. This is just speculation though as I'm not sure how datel makes their codes
they would probably just have to check the saves from the different cart, usually there isn't much difference between saves when a update is applied, they probably just have to make sure and test them before they start editing peoples save, just in case something is different and it breaks your save

maybe if you offer to send them a copy of your save so they can take a look, and maybe say you would be happy to test it if they don't have access to that specific version of the cart....but i'm not sure they may indeed want to test it themselves before they put anything out

it would probably help them to give them a few details about your save so they can try verify data hasn't been moved about, i.e just say how many coins etc you had when you dumped the save

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they would probably just have to check the saves from the different cart, usually there isn't much difference between saves when a update is applied, they probably just have to make sure and test them before they start editing peoples save, just in case something is different and it breaks your save

maybe if you offer to send them a copy of your save so they can take a look, and maybe say you would be happy to test it if they don't have access to that specific version of the cart....but i'm not sure they may indeed want to test it themselves before they put anything out

it would probably help them to give them a few details about your save so they can try verify data hasn't been moved about, i.e just say how many coins etc you had when you dumped the save

Then only game I'm having issues with is OoT3d I will try and send them an email with details about my save.

What email address have people successfully received a reply from?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
2014-03-12 09.23.52.jpg

Well,NOTHING works for me!
I made a thread for this but I cannot fix the problem.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-power-saves-cartridge-supported-but-not-recognized.363199/

And here is a photo with my Powersves screen displayedView attachment 7024

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I filled out the form on the customer support page explaining my issue and offered to send my save in order to verify the issue. I'll wait a few days for a response before I try and email them the save file.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sending a copy of your save file will do absolutely nothing; they cannot decrypt/encrypt without data from the ROM.

they just have to add support for the game ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1