Hojo203

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

when the 4.2E update came out, there was a rumours of consoles that have bootmii etc homebrew
installed could brick and be useless forever.. Then came the safe 4.2 updater
wich installs the nintendo stock update files, but leaves homebrew intact and wont touch the boot 2 at all.

this was not the waninkoko updater that does the trucha signing, the updater left all files intact as they would
be on a regular ninty update.

so I ran that update, and everything works fine except my legal bought virtual console games..
the problem is that the games boot fine, but my tv says "unsupported format error"

I have 37" LG LCD HDTV wii is set to 480p EDTV

does this for all VC games, except megaman 9 wich is a wiiware game.

any ideas any suggestions??

*update*

N64 games work fine, the NES, SNES games just show black screen, but I can hear the game in the backround.. so the game
is running, but there is something wrong with the resolution??

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Dude, no need to make 2 threads for this... OMG.

If you connected to your TV with a component cable try this:

Display problems while playing Virtual Console games

If you are experiencing display issues (dim, blank or half-blank screen, ghosted image, etc.) with a Virtual Console game while using the Component Video Cable, please read the following:

Some Virtual Console games default to displaying 240 lines of video. Some HD TV's are unable to display a signal with only 240 lines. Try the steps below to set the Wii to output 480 lines of video, which may solve the problem:

1. While on the Wii Channel Menu (main screen of the Wii), connect a Nunchuk to Wii Remote.
2. Select the Virtual Console game from the Wii menu, then select "Start" to begin the game.
3. When the game starts, press the Home button on the Wii Remote. (In many games, the music can be heard when the game starts.)
4. Select "Operations Manual" from the Home menu.
5. Press the Z + A + 2 Button simultaneously (the Z Button is on the Nunchuk). A sound will be heard if the button combination has been entered correctly.
6. Close the Home menu. The game should now display correctly. Note: You will not have to do this the next time you play, as the Wii console will remember these settings.
If the Virtual Console game is still not displaying properly, but all other games work fine, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

Hojo203

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry about that, it was because my internet connection froze so it was not intentional..

*update*

thank you, this solved the problem for me!
biggrin.gif

-Hojo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't use pajamas anymore, since childhood i have been told to only brush my teeth in the morning, im in my dad's house with my big brother and the only tv is in the living room
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish youtube would release a albums section next to videos instead of having to use YouTube music
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool, I wake up and make coffee and brush my teeth in kitchen sink, drives my wife mad. I keep my tooth brush in kitchen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried some Tim Hortons coffee concentrate for iced pretty good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Tim who?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coffee company
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It's a coffee/doughnut restaurant place here in the USA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't always like burning my mouth from coffee
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I hate coffee exactly due to that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My nephew is a manager at Starbucks, and he brings bags of they coffee over all the time, most the stuff I can't stand, wifey like tho. I just want plain old Columbian Black coffee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Try iced then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I try to separate mirrages at Starbucks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soccer moms :blush:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some of they coffee ok with a little sugar, sometimes just too bitter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The word coffee summons @Veho
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should try iced coffee with a shot of gin
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I give my dog a bath earlier and he escaped mid bath from me and ran around the house all soapy, made a mess, lil fucker a badass for a oldie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it was his first bath be gentle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He loves going in water at the lake or beach, but he hates getting baths
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wouldn't want another guy washing my balls either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is a good deal, but only flaw -15.6" screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hell do you want a 65" laptop
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hell yea