Problem with Ocarina on Wii Backup Launcher 0.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Capn Spanky, Nov 13, 2008.

Nov 13, 2008
  1. Capn Spanky
    OP

    Newcomer Capn Spanky Newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Country:
    United States
    I used the text file from usbgecko's forums to make the .gct file for my sd card. I put the file in the codes folder off of the root directory. I even tried using a premade .gct file. Everything that could be wrong on my end seems like I put it in right. Is there some sort of trick to make ocarina run on the new CIOS? http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wiiqq1.jpg


    Is there anything wrong on my end that you guys can see? I think I'm doing everything ok on my end so far.

    Then, I insert my SD card into the wii, run backup launcher 0.3. Make sure ocarina is set to "on" in the config menu, and then I try running the game. It tells me the SD card and cheats are detected, applied. Then nothing else. The game runs and I don't win immediately in the Grand Prix. Can anyone help. Dry Bowser is taunting me.
     
  2. Mii

    Newcomer Mii Newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Right, I have not personally tested codes through 0.3beta but I have through ocarina application..

    Have you tried any other games/codes?

    By Grand Prix, I take it you are playing offline, cos the codes dont work online anymore..

    The screenshot looks fine, you are saving the codes correctly..

    Sorry for not being much help..
     
  3. Capn Spanky
    OP

    Newcomer Capn Spanky Newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Country:
    United States
    I haven't tried any other games or codes. I'll try it on No More Heroes tonight.

    I am using the codes offline (I can't beat 150cc with a star to save my life.)

    Thanks for a reply.
     
  4. theBLUEBIRD

    Newcomer theBLUEBIRD Advanced Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    Messages:
    52
    Location:
    The Mountain
    Country:
    Norway
    Try to set the Hook Type to VI.
    That might work.
     

Share This Page