Hacking Problem with NuGaSa

j.m.g.a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A few months ago I was able to pass savegames from my SD to my memory card(most did not work, but I suppose this is because it´s an oficial memory card) but now when I´m going to restore a savegame and press 2 it gives me Code Dump, why?

Another thing is that when I press 1 for backup it does not do anything xD

EDIT: sorry, this doesn´t go in this forum xD

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here.. I was able to press 2 which I dont want to so I press 1 but it does not do anything.
frown.gif

j.m.g.a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fixed, my NuGaSa was from homebrew browser, I haver put the one from wiibrew and it works until y select the save, then it gives me "error during restore".

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to press 1 but still does not do anything.. I press 2 and it works but give me an error which I dont care.. I just want press 1 and it does not do anything. Help ?? Argh!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I can't use GCMM because it require 3rd party memory card. I am using Nintendo license memory card and GCMM wont work with Nintendo License memory.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
That's true, but at least GCMM is still being developed. The 1st party memory card issue is a libogc limitation, it will hopefully be ironed out in future releases.

hellfire2081

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am sorry to bring this thread out of the dust but i have a problem and i don't need to create a new thread since it concerns Nugasa.

So i have this 3rd party Gc memory card (New, fresh & 0 km) and it is not recogonized by the Wii even that it is printed on it the contreary!!! :blink:

The problem is GCMM does not recognize it but NUGASA does and i can backup what is inside and also restore it!!!

In summary: Wii + GCMM= unsupported MM card and corrupted.
NUGASA= Backup & restore working like charm.

Anyone has encountred this stange situation????
PS: I can't access a Gamucube to test the MM card!!!

Sorry again for reviving this old topic ;)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't really get it. It's a new card that isn't recognized by the wii. But if you use NUGASA, it does...what exactly? Can you put savegames from elsewhere on it, or can you also play them?

Sorry, but my reasoning is that if a device can't perform its primary function by itself (for a memory card: to be used in a wii or gamecube), then you should ask for a refund (assuming you bought it to be used on your wii, that is).

Also: if the memory card isn't working, you can't really make much claims on the backup & restore feature to be working as a charm. I'd say a backup is only successful if it can actually be restored correctly. If I read your post correct, you're basically using the card as a savegame holder. Correct?

Reactions: 1 person

hellfire2081

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't really get it. It's a new card that isn't recognized by the wii. But if you use NUGASA, it does...what exactly? Can you put savegames from elsewhere on it, or can you also play them?

Sorry, but my reasoning is that if a device can't perform its primary function by itself (for a memory card: to be used in a wii or gamecube), then you should ask for a refund (assuming you bought it to be used on your wii, that is).

Also: if the memory card isn't working, you can't really make much claims on the backup & restore feature to be working as a charm. I'd say a backup is only successful if it can actually be restored correctly. If I read your post correct, you're basically using the card as a savegame holder. Correct?

Danke Wever for your replay,

You are right about this point, but what i wanted to say that NUGASA detect it as 251 blocks MM card and the GCMM (or other one) don't.

And by the way, what do you mean by savegame holder?? I bought it to save gamecube games, that's it.

By the way, transforming it in to a SD adapter memory card or gecko , can still save the games on it??

Thank you

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems with backing up GCN saves, and have and SD Gecko card, you might want to read this post. Apparently, Swiss has a very good gamesave manager that even works with original Nintendo cards. The catch is that the backups go to and SD card on an SD Gecko, so you would need that additional piece of hardware. However, those are dirt cheap online. I'm eager to try this myself tonight.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Danke Wever for your replay,

You are right about this point, but what i wanted to say that NUGASA detect it as 251 blocks MM card and the GCMM (or other one) don't.

And by the way, what do you mean by savegame holder?? I bought it to save gamecube games, that's it.

By the way, transforming it in to a SD adapter memory card or gecko , can still save the games on it??

Thank you
I should have used a different term, but don't quite know a fitting one. It's like an USB stick, but which you can only use it to put data on it or get data off it. Since you cannot read it on the wii itself, all it does is literally nothing more than contain the data. Which would probably be somewhat useful in itself if they were several gigabytes in size (so you don't have to store them elsewhere)...but they're at best a few megabyte.

@[member='GameGeek']: on my third party card, nugasa didn't work but gcmm did. And that "a better interface" isn't to be taken lightly. I don't usually talk down on homebrew, but nugasa's interface is flat out terrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users