Problem With Newer Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hunterkw, Apr 15, 2010.

Apr 15, 2010

Problem With Newer Games by hunterkw at 6:04 AM (839 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. hunterkw
    OP

Newcomer hunterkw Newbie

United States
    I am having a problem with a modded wii where newer games (Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Spongbob Driving Bash, Red Steel 2, New Monkey ball game) will not load at all or even see a disc in a drive whereas all current games up to them work no problem(Wii sports 2, Final Fantasy).

I tried soft modding it up to 4.1 and i did it with homebrew and neogamma. I updated all the Ios, Used dop-mii, did the IOS36 trick, tried cios rev 14, 17, and 19. Nothing has worked. I tried Hermes, Wiiscrubber, IOS patcher(though that didnt work with the newer games) I tried multiple Discs, Disc speeds, Multiple Version of the games and all comes back to newer games wont load and older ones work no problem. Any Ideas or help anyone can give me? Thanks in advance!

2. marti0075

Newcomer marti0075 Newbie

United States
    Are you sure i have red steel 2.and it game work perfect with Neo gamma and usb loader.Maybe you install Bad

3. hunterkw
    OP

Newcomer hunterkw Newbie

United States
    I was able to get red steel 2 to work. But still have no luck on tatsunoko vs capcom and spongebob...any ideas on why those 2 games are not working or any tricks to get them to work?

4. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    tatsanuko should work as well

5. elmariachi

Member elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    yep Tatsanuko works just fine on a 4.1E cIOS38 Rev17 NeoGamma R8 final system

you sure you have no corrupted dump ?

6. hunterkw
    OP

Newcomer hunterkw Newbie

United States
    i have 3 copies of tatsunoko and the japanese version. The Japanese version works perfect but none of the USA version will work. When i put the game in it spins for a second then stops on all 3 versions. Same with the new spongebob game. But, redsteel 2 worked ok.

So it seems like my IOSs are good since red steel 2 is working correct? Do you think it is just maybe the copies i got of tatsunoko and spongebob?

Is there certain group releases that seem to work always? Or can i run a release through any programs to ensure they will work correctly?

Just tried Monkeyball Step and Roll. Again loads for a second or 2 then drive stops and it does nothing.

7. hunterkw
    OP

Newcomer hunterkw Newbie

United States
    elmariachi how can i check/fix that?

8. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can't fix a bad dump, you can just get a new one, but I doubt that's the problem if you tried 3 different ones.