Hardware Problem with new laptop

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new toshiba laptop yesterday a 17 inch screen great for watching my movies and shows on. It runs fine and smooth and has that new laptop smell to it everything is fine.

but

I have a problem with the laptop going into hibernation after 30 mins of inactivity, I turned off all the sleep settings and made sure no power saving mode was enabled but it still goes into hibernation as if the battery is low but it's plugged in to the AC. I checked out the power brick and no bad wire or connections nothing. Doesn't happen when I am viewing a movie or anything but it's just annoying and sometimes it drops my wifi adapter why is this happening?

Anyone can help much appreciated

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I bought a new toshiba laptop yesterday a 17 inch screen great for watching my movies and shows on. It runs fine and smooth and has that new laptop smell to it everything is fine.

but

I have a problem with the laptop going into hibernation after 30 mins of inactivity, I turned off all the sleep settings and made sure no power saving mode was enabled but it still goes into hibernation as if the battery is low but it's plugged in to the AC. I checked out the power brick and no bad wire or connections nothing. Doesn't happen when I am viewing a movie or anything but it's just annoying and sometimes it drops my wifi adapter why is this happening?

Anyone can help much appreciated
Hibernation is a separate setting that's a bit harder to find than the other settings, to disable it you have to go to "Change advanced power settings" in the power plan settings and it should be under "Sleep->Hibernate after"

Reactions: Alex3DSU

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibernation is a separate setting that's a bit harder to find than the other settings, to disable it you have to go to "Change advanced power settings" in the power plan settings and it should be under "Sleep->Hibernate after"

I have it set to 'off' and it still did hibernate last night. Strange I'll keep messing around with it and see if it works. Also would deleting the hiberfil.sys file make a difference?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have it set to 'off' and it still did hibernate last night. Strange I'll keep messing around with it and see if it works. Also would deleting the hiberfil.sys file make a difference?
You can also disable "Allow hybrid sleep", or disable hibernate completely (this will remove hiberfil.sys and free up some space) by running this command in an admin command prompt: powercfg.exe /hibernate off
This might disable fast startup as well though, and that's probably not something you want.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...