Problem with my Wii, recuring error.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by The Frenchman, May 5, 2009.

1. The Frenchman
    OP

The Frenchman GBAtemp Fan

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    OK, first I have to say that my Wii is chipped since about Mario galaxy release, it's a launch unit, it is V4.0 and still have all the old hacks in it, (followed guides)

it now gives me error when playing certain games, when I play mario kart wii it will often go to a black screen and tell me: Error.... eject disk and turn power off, then I must hold the power button 6 seconds in order to shut it off... I also get this error playing Smash Bros Brawl, also got it few times on Madworld. I think it might be problems with the len.

anyone has any advices?

2. Cozmo1

Cozmo1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2009
    United States
    Definitely sounds like a lens problem, unless there's commonality with the DVD media you're using. You could try running a CD/DVD cleaner in your Wii and see if it helps clear it up.

3. Omgwtfisthat

Omgwtfisthat GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2008
    What brand of media are you using for your backups? I hear of many people with similar problems being media-related.

4. Saturnplanet5

Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 8, 2006
    I had the exact same problem. I read somewhere that using a vacuum cleaner on the disc slot and two air vents might fix it and it did.

5. The Frenchman
    OP

The Frenchman GBAtemp Fan

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    I tried vfaccum cleaning it from inside the face part (removed the faceplate) I don't want to completely open it up unless I am certtyain it's the lens because it's got a black custom shell, and it was a pain to reassemble it.