Gaming Problem with my pc

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to bother, but I need a help. Today I turned on my computer and a lot of things happened at the same time:

my free antivirus (avast!) was getting a error and couldn't update

Windows gave me an error when I tried to start Malwarebytes

my Internet Explorer was lagged

Firefox gave me a lot of "firefox crash reporter" windows

my Windows style (blue bars) apparently was "merging" with the classic style of the windows on your own

and my pc suddenly restarted

these problems occurred with me 2 times and all these things were at the same time. I use Window XP Professional (ServicePack3) and when I could open my Malwarebytes I've done a complete scan and there weren't any malwares found on my pc. What might be?

Again, sorry to bother.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A registery scan should fix your issues. Download Easus Free Registery Cleaner or Trial-Test a commercial tool and then get rid of it.

Exact errorcodes would be welcome too if they persist.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Bean_BR said:
I forgot to say, I use Auslogic's RegistryCleaner and it always find a error on the registry

There is no such thing as an error-less registry - some of them re-generate as soon as the registery is "fixed" due to different entries that re-call them. Don't bother with that, as long as it's fairly clean, it's okay.

Have you conscidered jumping on the happy sev7en bandwagon yet? It's actually *good*.

Bean_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Foxi4 said:
Bean_BR said:
I forgot to say, I use Auslogic's RegistryCleaner and it always find a error on the registry

There is no such thing as an error-less registry - some of them re-generate as soon as the registery is "fixed" due to different entries that re-call them. Don't bother with that, as long as it's fairly clean, it's okay.

Have you conscidered jumping on the happy sev7en bandwagon yet? It's actually *good*.

I'll see that

56 registry errors found a minute ago

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986
The registry is mostly text data. The size of it should not really concern you, a modern computer can deal with a registry three times normal size without much of an issue at all. I had a windows install that was over five years old, and my registry measured a little over 65 megabytes. It's not like I never did anything, my "program files" list was pages long on the screen, too.

There are parts of the registry that could be cleaned up sometimes, and there are errors that can happen, however they fall into one of two categories.

1 - The first are generic things, like useless file extension entries, incorrect uninstall information, things like that. Those are quite common and any registry cleaner will be sure to get them. These are not critical things, but they are nice to keep in check. Cleaning these things can speed up things like how fast your uninstall programs list from the control panel starts up, and other system menus like that. They can also speed up startup time by up to a few seconds.

2 - The second type are bad, critical errors. These are the things that most paid registry cleaners try to scare you with, and they do happen, but they are usually a symptom, not a cause. The root cause itself should be treated, and not by a mindless program.

The only registry cleaner I can personally recommend is CCleaner (which is a general computer cleaner that has registry-cleaning on the side). It will take care of the first type of errors, and properly alert you to the second type without charging you for information about your own computer.

Rhapsody Scarlet said:
Registry cleaners are one of those PC optimization products that I place in the 'snake oil' class of usefulness, an impression that seemed to be confirmed by a PC Pro review I saw of Norton Utilities 14:

QUOTE said:
To test the registry tools, we installed Norton Utilities on an XP system that had seen several years of heavy use, and which was now so bogged down it took 1min 10sec to boot even with a Core i7 CPU and 3GB of RAM. Norton found and repaired 907 errors in our registry, and the defragmenter then compacted its size by 3%. Afterwards we found our boot time had actually increased significantly, to 2min 12sec: not an encouraging result.
Unless you know exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it, leave the registry alone.

As for your actual issue, it sounds like you have an infection.
http://gbatemp.net/t208774-spyware-adware-...r-removal-guide

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Get a Linux Live CD and run an antivirus from there. That'll stop the virus from interfering because they can't affect Linux and Windows at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr