XP
Country
yeah you could try, 640 x 480, whatever format you choose, should do the trick
smile.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL Wii 3.2E, with a Wiikey 1 (running 1.9s), but AFAIK no cIOS and nothing like DVDx.

Does anything else need to be installed to get the Mplayer channel working ?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok - I need some help now.

I have just installed the Mplayer07_channel.wad using WAD manager 1.2. It claimed to have installed fine and then restarted the wii. After about 2 seconds the wii hung. When I rebooted the wii I got a "system files are corrupted ..." message - and get the same thing everytine I reboot.

I am on 3.2E with Wiikey v1 and HBC installed - please don't tell me I have bricked the Wii
frown.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes - AFAIK that was the one I went for.

Stupidly, I ignored the link in the MPlayer thread which linked to a channel wad which was confirmed and working on a PAL wii (which is what I have).

From reading around it looks like i need a SaveMii
frown.gif
as autoboot discs don't even work now.

I do have starfall installed but can't remember which patches I installed ... is there a recovery mode with Starfall do you know ? Something about the GC controller ?

UPDATE: Fantastic SaveMii is "out of stock"
frown.gif

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
????? said:
here is the mplayer channel
tested and working

I put a caution warning against this wad in this Topic Title "MPlayer Wii CHANNEL!!!" Look name ????? And only 6 posts! Be very careful

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Yes - AFAIK that was the one I went for.

Stupidly, I ignored the link in the MPlayer thread which linked to a channel wad which was confirmed and working on a PAL wii (which is what I have).

From reading around it looks like i need a SaveMii
frown.gif
as autoboot discs don't even work now.

I do have starfall installed but can't remember which patches I installed ... is there a recovery mode with Starfall do you know ? Something about the GC controller ?

UPDATE: Fantastic SaveMii is "out of stock"
frown.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117399
Follow Part 2 Test.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep - my bad.

The question is where has my friend (who lives round the corner) gone ... I need to borrow his GC controller
smile.gif

I assume the Part 2 Test stuff will work using a wadmanager autoboot disc ?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Yep - my bad.

The question is where has my friend (who lives round the corner) gone ... I need to borrow his GC controller
smile.gif

I assume the Part 2 Test stuff will work using a wadmanager autoboot disc ?

I guess if you have a modchip.
tongue.gif

1) Follow Step 2
2) Put in Wadmanager Autoboot
3) Follow Step 4
4) Use wad manager to remove wad

ryanful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have unfortunately received "The system files are corrupted" screen right after the Health screen on my Wii. I installed that terrible (wrong) wad and I tried following step 2 of the link posted above.

I placed Zelda into the Wii and put a GC controller into slot 1, and held Y when booting up the Wii. An SD card with the boot.dol of WAD Manager 1.3 sits on the root of the card and I'm pretty sure my firmware is 3.2U. Nothing happens though when the Wii boots up, and I reach the Health screen soon to be followed by the System files corrupted screen again.

Is there anything else I can do?

EDIT: Ah, didn't have Starfall and do whatever was in Step 1. Any alternatives? Much appreciated.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I put a caution warning against this wad in this Topic Title "MPlayer Wii CHANNEL!!!" Look name ????? And only 6 posts! Be very carefulNicksasa, "Warned you all" so did i mention it..

QUOTEI too have unfortunately received "The system files are corrupted" screen right after the Health screen on my Wii. I installed that terrible (wrong) wad and I tried following step 2 of the link posted above.

I placed Zelda into the Wii and put a GC controller into slot 1, and held Y when booting up the Wii. An SD card with the boot.dol of WAD Manager 1.3 sits on the root of the card and I'm pretty sure my firmware is 3.2U. Nothing happens though when the Wii boots up, and I reach the Health screen soon to be followed by the System files corrupted screen again.

Is there anything else I can do?

EDIT: Ah, didn't have Starfall and do whatever was in Step 1. Any alternatives? Much appreciated.
Are you "crazy" Looking at this "forum" most of the pages are regarding "safety" WHY HAVENT YOU TOOK THE ADVICE!!! it's your own fault,
And if you want to know, which is going to be hard for you to "recover" search banner bricks in the "Search"

Stupid people not taking the advice we all have told!

Again...............................................Noobwarrior here's your FAVOURITE Subject again! Sorry but i'm bored & fed up, so must Noobwarrior be, telling everyone "Mess with installing Wads" "BE PREPARED & SAFE"
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill