Problem with Health and Safety Icon...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rampuia, Aug 9, 2017.

1. rampuia
    OP

rampuia Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    India
    I have been using RxTools and recently decided to change to Luma 3DS... I followed the guide in 3DS.guide and managed to run Luma 3ds with B9S... but i realised that there were two FBI installers, one independent app and the health and safety replacement FBI which I had installed before.. Tired with all the hassle, I decided to stop using custom firmware altogether and removed B9S, Luma 3DS etc. using the uninstall guide in 3DS.guide. After that I formatted the 3DS and the SD Card and noticed that the health and safety icon was now missing. I formatted the 3DS again and still wasn't able to get the icon or the app back. I then tried to update the 3DS in the settings and figured that it was on the latest firmware. What should I do to get my Old 3ds XL to completely stock official firmware again?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Initiate a system update. Even if you're on the latest version it will still install any missing files.

3. rampuia
    OP

rampuia Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    India
    I tried to.. but it notifies that it is on the latest firmware.. if i wait for the next system update.. and then update it when it gets released will the app/icon be back?

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You might have to delete it with FBI before trying again

rampuia likes this.
  5. rampuia
    OP

rampuia Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    India
    Since i am now on official firmware 11.5.0-38... i can't install luma 3DS and B9S anymore for fbi.. and i dont have a 2nd 3DS for DSi ware hack... Please do let me know if you happen to know a workaround..

6. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You should have asked us before removing B9S, and we could have told you that it isn't responsible for your problems and helped you to fix them. It is sort of like you drove into the middle of the desert and got lost, so blamed the car and torched it. So now you are lost in the desert with no car. Oh well. (if you really wanted to get rid of the car we could have helped you drive to a city first - ie fixed all the issues with your console). If you manage to get a second console to install it again then we can help to try fixing it :-)

7. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Why did you remove b9s?

could of just deleted hs app with fbi then reinstalled the cia with fbi

Quantumcat likes this.
  8. rampuia
    OP

rampuia Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    India
    Yeah.. i should have been more careful.. While i was using rxtools.. i relied on emunand only and did not make any changes to the sysnand.. While installing b9s i had fused the emunand with the sysnand.. and thereby changing the health and safety app with fbi but i did not realise this specifically.. when i booted b9s without the sd card it showed the health and safety icon instead of the fbi icon.. I thought that by following 3ds.guide uninstall instructions it would restore my system firmware to completely stock firmware.. i had also thought that a simple 3ds format and restore would make the system like a stock 3ds again... 3ds hacking is rather complicated.. :lol: