FOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I recently bought a gateway for my 3ds. I set it up fine, was able to set up emunand and such. The problem is I'm on 4.5, so my emunand is at 4.5 too and I can't play any new games. I updated my emunand via software update option in settings. And when I enter the gateway menu and choose to boot gateway mode, it just hangs on a blackscreen. If I choose to format emunand (which takes my emunand back to 4.5) I can boot gateway mode.
I want to update my emunand to play ORAS.

Btw, I have a copy of SuperSmash, how can I update my emunand with the original (real card) game?

Any help?
Thanks

FOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I? I tried classic mode to run my SSB game to update, but the update prompt doesn't show up. Instead it tries to boot the game, which doesn't work and just freezes.

Btw, Thanks for the fast reply

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press and hold the D-pad up when booting gateway. This will let you update your emunand from the smash cart. Smash is 8.1. I used a rom of "Code Name S.T.E.A.M." to update to 9.4. This let me use themes to let me know if I am in sysnand or emunand(white and black).

FOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I was able to update from my SSB cart ( by holding UP while booting classic). Can I update from ROM if I hold UP while booting (normal) GatewayMode?
Thanks

EDIT: Btw, I found out Bravely Default surpasses the 4gb limit of FAT32 format. How can I get around this?

FOL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I also noticed gateway has a rom splitter. I tried it and it seems to have worked.
Thanks anyway guyz!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated