Homebrew Problem with FLAC music file playback on Moonshell 2.10

Kittyhawk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The music files were ripped from CD and encoded in FLAC compression level 8 (max compression). They played perfectly fine on my PC but on my NDS Lite (running moonshell 2.10), there were occasional skips or short high pitched noises during playback
angry.gif
. Freezing sometimes happened when fast forwarding/backwarding a FLAC music file.

I've tried the exact same songs in mp3 format (224kbps CBR) and FLAC compression level 5 (the default) and WAV (no compression) and there were none of the problems mentioned above.

It seems that Moonshell 2.10 has a problem with music files encoded in FLAC at high compression levels. Is there any workaround for this issue (other than encoding at a lower FLAC compression level)?
rolleyes.gif

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kittyhawk said:
It seems that Moonshell 2.10 has a problem with music files encoded in FLAC at high compression levels. Is there any workaround for this issue (other than encoding at a lower FLAC compression level)?
no and no. nds CPU power is very low.

Kittyhawk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
EDIT: Even FLAC files at compression level 5 are not spared playback problems I mentioned, after listening longer on my NDS Lite.

QUOTE said:
So I'll just have to wait for a future version of Moonshell in which FLAC playback is improved?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kittyhawk said:
EDIT: Even FLAC files at compression level 5 are not spared playback problems I mentioned, after listening longer on my NDS Lite.

QUOTE said:
So I'll just have to wait for a future version of Moonshell in which FLAC playback is improved?

Moonshell has been finished, but try to convert the songs with iTunes to AAC!

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kittyhawk said:

QUOTE said:

convert them to mp3 i have flac that what i do

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I remember having some FLAC files but they always has weird noises in them at specific spots even though they played perfectly on my computer. I just converted them all to MP3s and everything was good

Kittyhawk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
QUOTE said:
No more newer versions of Moonshell coming out?
ohmy.gif

If there are newer versions in development, I hope they resolve the FLAC playback issues (the same as high framerate and bitrate videos playback problems in the past).

Terminator02 said:
yeah I remember having some FLAC files but they always has weird noises in them at specific spots even though they played perfectly on my computer. I just converted them all to MP3s and everything was good
Exactly!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kittyhawk said:
QUOTE said:
No more newer versions of Moonshell coming out?
ohmy.gif

If there are newer versions in development, I hope they resolve the FLAC playback issues (the same as high framerate and bitrate videos playback problems in the past).

Terminator02 said:
Exactly!
Moonlight, the developer quit, don't expect any more official moonshell versions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: