OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to play a non psn version FF8 on my psp but now, after about 10 hours of gaming it keeps freezing in battle (usually when I try to cast magic).
I've tried switching to popsload 4.01 to 3.91 to 3.51 but nothing really changed.
I think the problem may be the eboot so now I'm probably going to try with some other version (maybe the psn version will work fine) except that I don't really want to lose my saves.

So, to make it short, since I'm already 10 hours in the game, is there a way to keep my saves if I switch the eboot? How can I do it?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like somebody didn't check the compatibility list. It would have told you how to get around this well known issue.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you're right. I'm trying to recall the time I played FFVIII and Chrono Cross on Pops and I don't think I had to start over after changing IDs to get around some other issues (Chrono Cross' disc swap was a pain in the arse)

Did the savestates plugin work with Pops? Or the one built into Cheatmaster Fusion? Because that would be a good solution.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I actually haven't tried CMFusion's state thing with PSX games (I use CWCheat for PSX games for it's memory card management so I can import my saves from the PC properly), I'd fire it up and test but I don't have any PSX games loaded right now.

I do know that CMFusion was functional for POPS under 5.x, and since it dumps/uploads the entirety of RAM (including system components) I'm going to say it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill