Hacking Problem with fake R4SDHC

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maav said:
Same problem. Black/white screens, depending on game.

Flash Erase didn't work, the formatter says the device isn't compatible. Is it possible that it's the reason behind this?
It does that for my microSD card as well, some microSD card it works for and others it doesn't, but just going generic causes less confusion.
If none of my advice has worked, I am left with only suggesting the same thing of investing in new card since it appears there isn't much I can do to help.
Sorry about that.

Maav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No problem, thanks anyways.

Seems we'll (me and the card's owner) have to stick up with the old games. The card actually belongs to a friend and he's not able to buy a card (due to age and such, and explaining that to his parents may be quite difficult).

Thanks a lot for your time and contribution, even if it didn't work, you were kind enough to help. Thanks, really.

Lynox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, after reading any post, I don't get it. Did you manage to get any game to work? Cuz I think I have the same one.

Maav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, I didn't.
Not with YSMenu or Wood, but the original firmware runs fine, obviously.

asasqwerty

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd kiss you if I could Davi XD
I've the exact same card as Maav described and (of course) had the same problem... downloading the firmware Davi pointed and then used http://gbatemp.net/t...pdates-releases as a secondary menu (just follow How to install instructions within the file)

Notice that I'm using version 6.79 R4_Orginal_R4_Clone YSMenu, NOT the R4SDHC (since this isn't a real R4SDHC card... yea I loled at the fake copy of a clone card)

I tested with Bejeweled 3 which had the double white screen with me and it worked... also sorry if the thread is a little old but couldn't allow this to end without saying it worked (also this might help other ppl with fake R4SDHC)

EDIT: Also tested with Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and it worked ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one