Hacking Problem with external usb wii u-No detect Games...help

skins20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a problem with my external USB hard drive, try installing a zelda breath of the wild update(WUP installer) but forget to activate "mocha" and the update did not finish installing, I left half and I left an error, after that no longer me I forgot the games I have on my hard drive. Is there any way to get into the contents of that hard drive and delete the half installed update? I think it can solve the problem if I can do that, my hard drive is still detecting the wiiu but it does not detect the games.

Last edited by skins20,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever come across partially installed content, it would show up in data management in system settings. Installing it properly will fix it and make it whole.
You can download game updates simply by running NNU Patcher then running the game. This will officially download said game update and you won't have to worry about installing it with wup installer. You also don't need CFW (Such as Mocha) to install game updates as a side note.

The fact that your HDD is no longer detecting any games is beyond me. Turn off the system, reinsert the drive, turn it on and go to data management to see if any games are installed. Perhaps the file system became corrupted somehow.

Reactions: skins20

skins20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
the file system became corrupted somehow.
"the file system became corrupted somehow" CORRECT...

I'm almost sure that happened ... what can be done in these cases ?, is there any tool that allows you to see from inside the external hard drive to repair or remap it?
the problem is that the external hard disk format is not recognized by any system other than the wii u

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using a USB y-cable?
Yes

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"the file system became corrupted somehow" CORRECT...

I'm almost sure that happened ... what can be done in these cases ?, is there any tool that allows you to see from inside the external hard drive to repair or remap it?
the problem is that the external hard disk format is not recognized by any system other than the wii u

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes

Just making sure, one USB cable doesn't give enough power. As for the disk system, not much more can be done AFAIK.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really sounds like a hardware problem, this never happened to anyone I know. Try reformatting the drive with your Wiiu and installing a game, if it works then it mus've been a failed file system which tends to happenon my PS4 during power outages.
My only other suggestion is it can be the hard drive itself failing. There's no way to recover any of your data at this rate. If the drive is telling you No, then there's a sign that something is wrong with it. For it to give up during a simple 100 MB or less installation, must mean the drive itself gave up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...