Problem with emunand and games updates

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Keylogger, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    I have some XCI that I want to play with emunand disabled
    Everytime I boot to EMUNAND and then I reboot to emunand disabled, I have to download again every games updates from my XCI...

Anybody has the same problem?

2. JimmyCall

JimmyCall Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2018
    Australia
    emunand, on or off is like having two Switch units. One your standard, and the other a protected mode, so install in the mode you want to play in. Technically you can have two installs of the same game, one in each mode, and each having their own save games and patches.

Last edited by JimmyCall, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Yeah I know but everytime I reboot the switch, I have to redownload games updates

4. Xenoghost42

Xenoghost42 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2014
    United States
    Remove your sd card when booting to your emunand disabled...it is associated with your emunand. Whenever you reboot into a different nand it re-associates itself with your new nand tgis erasing all your previous nands data on the sd card. You essentially need 2 sd cards. 1 for sysnand and 1 for emunand....otherwise you can use internal memory for one mode and sd memory for the other. Either way never forget to remove your sd card before booting the other hand otherwise you will lose your data

Keylogger likes this.
  5. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Thanks